32. True Identity

CALIFORNIA, LA

CALIFORNIA, LA.

Natalie returned back home from the market after running some few errands. It was already late morning   when she reached home and she was getting late for preparing lunch. The traffic today was very heavy. Her husband was at the office and his son was busy doing his projects work in the Central Library.

She unlocked the door and went inside and as she stepped in further, she felt someone's presence inside the house. She was already aware of the fact that the mafias are looking for her. Sofia called her in the morning and informed her. She looked around and carefully walked towards the kitchen and place the stuff on the countertop. Then she made her way to the common hall and then her stepped dropped dead when she saw someone in the common hall, his back facing her. She silently walked towards the drawer and reached for her gun silently.

"No need for that, I already took out the magazine." The man said as he showed the magazine in his hand and he turned around. "Long time no see, Aunt Rachel."

"Joshua!" she creased her eyebrows and gasped out loud. "How did you find me?"

"What! Aren't you happy to see me after such a long time? I'm disappointed, Zia." Joshua said jestly.

"I don't know whether I should be happy or sad looking at you. What are you doing here?"

"Fine, you're impatient as always. I'll get to the point, where is my sister?"

"What do you mean? What are you talking about?"

"Don't pretend, Zia. You're still bad at it." Joshua deadpanned. "Where is Anita? Where are you hiding them?"

"Why are you looking for Anita?"

"Fourteen years ago, Zia Anita took Tessa away from the bloody war and from that moment she was never seen. For fourteen years, we've been looking for her and my sister. Both of you stop playing the game and give me back my sister." He said, his voice sad but urged. "Tell me where Tessa is, I have to get to her to keep her safe. The Sylvester and De Luca's are looking for you and Anita. And if they find you, they'll find my sister."

"If I tell you where she is, she will never be safe. Your enemy will know eventually. If you really want her to be safe then let her live the way she's living right now." Rachel stopped pretending and said firmly.

"Once her identity is revealed, there won't be any safer place for her anywhere. You have so many enemies, Joshua. You'll never know when her life will be at risk because of you all."

"I'll protect her." Joshua urged.

"Your mother made a promise to Anita before she died. A promised to never bring Anastasia into your bloody world and she's keeping it. So don't ask me anything about her or your sister, because I'm never telling you or to anyone." Rachel stated firmly.