11. The Blame

"What are you doing here, Leo?" Anna frowned over and stared at his back

"What are you doing here, Leo?" Anna frowned over and stared at his back. Leo turned to face her and in a blink of an eye, she was embraced between his arms. She stood there like a statue, confused at his action.

"Thank God, you're fine." He sighed deeply before pulling away and looked her right into her eyes. "Didn't I tell you to stay? Where did you disappear all of a sudden? I was worried sick about you." He couldn't help but feel angry at her but he was not shouting or yelling at her. He asked her softly.

"Don't ever do that again." She pushed him away slowly. She looked to the other side and involuntarily tugged some strand of hairs at the back of her ear. "And I don't need to obey you or tell you wherever I go and you don't need to worry about me." Then she drifted her eyes to look at him and when she saw him, she felt heavy in her heart. Her hands involuntarily reached out for his face when she noticed the bruises on his face. There was dry blood on his forehead and left corner lips. When she realized what she was doing, she quickly pulled her hands away from him. "You're injured!" She tried to hide the worry behind her voice and said nonchalantly.

"I know." He said and couldn't stop himself from hugging her again.

"Didn't I tell—" Anna tried to push him away again but this time he didn't move away. He pulled her closer and embraced her tightly but gently.

"Just let me hold you for some time." He said softly over her head. Anna stopped moving and stood still. She felt a sense of hurt and sadness in his voice.

"Are you alright?" She mumbled under his chest. "See if I hurt you, I'm sorry but you have to understand—"

"I'm okay." He interrupted softly. "Thank you for saving me and my grandpa earlier, Mio coure." Anna slowly tilted her head up and looked at him.

"How's your grandpa now?"

"He's out of danger now but he's still unconscious."

"That's not surprised. He has lost many bloods so he may take time to regain his consciousness." Anna was now comfortably talking to him. She forgot that she was still embraced between him. "But I'm glad to hear that he's out of danger." She absentmindedly smiled at him.

"Well, I wonder from where you learned all these kinds of stuff." Leo looked down at her tenderly with a warm smile.

"I'm a medical student." She said proudly.

"No wonder then." He jerked his eyebrows. He was happy to see that she is finally getting comfortable with him. But this little moment was interrupted by the buzzing sound from the cellphone. Anna came to her sense and moved back a little from him. She was confused at herself. She realized that she was actually feeling comfortable with him now. Leo received the call and talk shortly.

"I should leave now." He said. He was actually getting to know her but it was the wrong timing. "Buona notte, Little girl." He said and smiled wolfishly at her to which Anna simply scowled with a smile and rolled her eyes over.