CHAPT. 8

TAYMOR's POV

It had been two days, I continued to ignore the boys. I was currently tired, waking up early in the morning getting ready for school. The weekend had went by slowly, like i said. The weather matched my mood, sad and grey. It still hadn't stopped raining and the thundering continued to scare me. But, i had to learn to deal with it on my own. I sighed deeply as I pulled the black tights over my thighs, tucking in the white spaghetti strapped shirt right afterwards. I didn't plan on doing the most today. I looked around my room, grabbing my grey hoodie once i spotted it and pulled it over my head as i slid my feet into the transparent slides that I owned.

Everything felt bland and boring now. I had gotten so used to being around them these past three weeks. They were amazing, but two out of five betrayed me. In a way.. I guess. They were never mines from the beginning.  A low yawn escaped my lips while i grabbed my purse and phone, making my way into the kitchen. I was able to make groceries with the money they had given me and i still had so much left over. I grabbed a pop tart before i made my way out of the house, making sure to lock the door behind me. I began my walk to school, not having the patience to wait on an uber today. I pulled my earphone from my hoodie pocket, plugging them into my phone before i put the buds into my ears.

I began to play a random song from my playlist, pushing my hands into my hoodie pockets as i walked, looking down at my feet. I wasn't paying any attention to where i was going until i suddenly bumped into one, quickly taking my earphone out and looking at the girl. A mug was plastered on her face as she looked me up and down, causing me to frown. " I'm sorry, i didn't mean to—." i was cut off when another girl joined her side, giving me the same look as the other girl.

" Girl— who you?" she asked, her eyelashes entirely too long for her face as she blinked. I wore eyelashes from time to time, but those are just.. whew chile.

" I accidentally bumped into her i was just trying to apologize—." i was cut off once again, but instead by the girl who was i had bumped into. It was like a look of realization cake over her face as she began to laugh, letting out an " Ooooh!" causing me to scrunch my eyebrows together. " Excuse me?"

She looked me up and down, then turned to her friend. " He a hoe, always around them niggas," she whispered, but i clearly heard her. I almost told her something, but i didn't. Instead, i gave her a disgusted look before simply walking away. I don't owe nobody an explanation of my life. Let that hoe think what she want. Continuing my walk to school, i soon reached my destination. I looked up at the large high school, a sigh escaping my lips. Time to start the day i guess.

•••

I was currently in my third hour class, ignoring the hard stare from Bryson. I could tell he was upset with me, but i didn't care. He can stay mad. I yawned, pushing a strand of my curly hair behind my ear, continuing to copy the notes down into my book. I felt a presence in front of me, causing me to look up. It was a boy i had never seen before, he was kind of cute. He licked over his diamond plated teeth, his chocolate skin full of different tattoos. He had his dreads pulled half up and half down and he was just.. so fine.

" Wassup," he said, his raspy voice sending a shiver down my spine. " My name Jamell, ma." he added, reaching his hand out. I placed my small hand into his large one, watching as he brought it up to his lips and placed a small kiss onto it.

" T-taymor," i replied, a smile coming onto my face as i licked over my green braces. " It's nice to meet you." i chirped, my giddiness showing completely.

" I was trynna see if i could meet up with you or somethin' this weekend?" Jamell stated, but it came out more of as a question. I stared at him for a moment, just taking in his all his features. He wasn't big and buff, but you could see the muscles in his skinny stature, he might even have a six pack. " Taymor?" he said, snapping me out of my thoughts. A blush instantly crossed my cheeks as i thought to myself, beginning to slowly nod my head.

" Uhh, yea! I have nothing planned," i retorted, cheesing up at him excitedly. Maybe he'll actually like me. I really didn't have anything planned, but to just go job searching Saturday but i can hold that off. " Where do you want to go?" i asked, motioning for him to take a seat next to me. I watched as he walked around the desk, plopping down onto the chair next to me, leaning back into the seat as he pushed his hands deep into his pockets.

" I was tryin' to take you to a movie, that shit Crawl or whatever," Jamell said, licking over his gold plated teeth. I nodded my head, picking my pencil back up so i could finish the notes, but still listening to what he had to say. " I was gon' take you the 9 o'clock one, that's cool ma?"

I peeked up at him, a wide smile coming onto my face as i nodded my head, showing off my braces completely. " That's perfect! Here, let me give you my number?" i stated, but it came out more of a question. He dug into his pocket, pulling out an all black iphone x, placing it into my small hands once the number pad was on it. I typed my number in before i gave it back to him, giving him a light hug before he returned to his seat. I was about to go back to writing down my notes, but an nagging feeling was in the back of my head. I turned around, Bryson's angered face on me, fire in his eyes.

I didn't care though.

___

i forgot to publish this i-

don't hate me ☠️.

anyways, i hope y'all liked this 💚.

love y'all.💓

— z.