Close to you

"Why do birds
Suddenly appear
Every time
You are near?

Just like me
They long to be
Close to you"

I sang as I drew more sunflowers on the walls. I had been told off before for drawing on the walls but what ate they going to do? Send me to jail?

"Why do stars
Fall down from the sky
Every time
You walk by

Just like me
They long to be
Close to you"

I continued singing, my 'neighbour's had finally given in to my noise...in fact sometimes I hear him cry as I sing.

Just as I was about to continue my song the door opened. Suprised, as I had been in my own little world, only now did I notice that Kurama was standing by the door with a worried look as he stood next to Midnight an officer and All Might. Kurama had eye bags under his eyes and looked a little more pale than usual as for All Might, he was smiling like always but somehow he seemed less like himself, upset maybe.
No one shared a word, I guess they thought I would be the one to speak first but I just blinked my eyes at them confused.

"Y/N.." Kurama started as he was going to step in but was held back by the officer. He looked at him and sighed "we need your help."

"Uuuuuh...ok? What do you need?" I asked hiding my drawing material so it wouldn't get taken away.

"There's a victim..a student from UA, she was hurt badly" Midnight popped up and leaned against the wall "seems like their life is on the line and can be too dangerous to take care of her-"

"So we came to get you" Kurama finished to what Midnight sulked for being interrupted "everyone refused to do the job" he explained as I stood, stepping closer to them the officer takes out a taser in defense.

"According to this nerd you are one of the best..." Midnight comes close to me, eyeing me up and down "he better be right." She finished glaring at him.

"Will I get to see the light of day again?" I say pretending to be an old woman as I squinted my eyes. All Migth who had been quiet let out a small chuckle to which I smiled, thank goodness.

"Oh please, you've only been here 3 weeks- it's like the best vacation you'll ever get" kurama rolls his eyes and laughs "You're going to help..right?" He says, a worried tone. Guess he too may think I have changed.

"Not only is a future hero's life in game but so is their families sanity, ofcourse I will go" I respond, my playfulness disappearing.

All Might POV

"But" the word we were fearing had been said as she rose one finger up, she does want something in return. Her serious expression that I didnt get to se often remained, as her (e/c) eyes had a sparkle of determination as she said "in return I want some (favourite desert/food)"

Everyone went quiet. That...wasnt what we expected.

"Wh- wait you sure? Dont you want to...I dunno leave or something?" Midnight said, suprise and confusion in her voice

"You're right that would be much better" she said with a smile "ok! In return I want you guys to give me a gun and let me leave!" She said a mischievous smile on her face. The officer next to us had their hands on the gun with the taser pointed at her already, Midnight's mouth was wide and Kurama had said nothing.

"So what will you do? We both get what we want or...the kid dies" she said, her voice deeper at the last part. What..what was going on? Y/N isnt like this..
The officer was stuttering, he didnt know what to choose

"If I save the child at least 6 people will die with the bullets" she walked out grabbing the officers wrist so he wouldn't tase her "which is why when a prisoner asks for this request you give them an empty gun and catch them again as soon as they leave" she let go "it's a play on words, you give them what they want just not as expected" she smiled handing her hands to be cuffed.

So that's what she was doing. I found myself smiling at her silly ways to show things, she couldve gotten hurt.

"So what is it that you really want?" Kurama finally asked

"Like I said: (favourite food/desert)! Oh and since you giving me so many options add (favourite drink) to the list" she said with an adorable smile "now if you dont mind..I have a patient to take care of"

~~~Time skip~~~ (I dont do these often yikes)

Y/N was now hand cuffed in a back of the van with me, Midnight and Kurama, she was swinging her legs on her seat as she waited to arrive at the hospital.
Information had been shared, we explained what exactly happened and Kurama went into deeper explanation about the student's wounds.

"Hey hey All Might?" She looked up at me, brushing her hair behind her ear before placing both hands in between her legs "why have you been All Quiet?" She asked, leaning closer to see my face.

I chuckled nervously at how close she was before sighing "it...it was my fault.." I said as she sat back normally to listen "I wasnt there on time and now--"

"Were you the one who attacked her?" She I interrupted, her eyes focused on me

"W-what? N-no--"

"Then how is it your fault?" She interrupted again

"Because I wasn there in Tim--"

"But did you try to get there quickly?" She asked again

"Y-yes" I replied

"Then--"

"But it wasnt enough!" I shout, fists clenched on my knees as I look down. Everything was quiet "it wasnt enough.."

"If she doesn't die then nothing is your fault, right?" She asked after a few moments

"She still got hurt"

"She will heal" she replied

"Yes but what if--"

"All Might." Y/N spoke sternly all of the sudden, I turned to look at her as she looked at me with a serious expression. She reached for both my cheeks and held my face "She will not die at my hands." She said.
I felt my chest quicken as I gazed deeper into her eyes
"Thank you for saving her" she said with a smile before letting go.