04

04 — FALL FOR YOU
seungyoun just wants to find this new kid. wooseok just really wants to go home.

"they're so tiny." seungwoo chirps, peeking through the curtains, taking a closer look of the new batch of students.

"they're as normal as they could ever be." wooseok fumes, resting his arms on seungwoo's shoulder— though only for a moment as his limbs couldn't really reach that far for a long time. "so normal that i couldn't expect any of them would end up beyond normal."

seungyoun knew those words were meant for him. he raises a finger. "you do not have to worry, you're not the one who has the skills and qualifications to find him. i am. beyond these huge amount of people, i'm the only one who can identify him, and he may not look as extravagant as you think."

"you're very full of yourself. are you sure you can breakthrough the minds of that many people?"

"of course i can." seungyoun grins. "my powers have an advanced search option."

before wooseok could snap back, lee dongwook announces something off the speakers."please welcome: han seungwoo, kim wooseok, and cho seungyoun!"

getting the curfew, the three boys goes out behind the curtains, flashing smiles as they bow to the students who are awaiting them. just as what the principal had said to them, they certainly do have a big fanbase, and it is getting bigger ever since they graduated.

wooseok was definitely right about the difficulty of reading minds among a big portion of people, but seungyoun knows it certainly isn't impossible. throughout his years developing his powers, seungyoun eventually learnt how to filter unnecessary thoughts of people without checking on them one by one. the strong willed thoughts are the one of interest, the rest are just a gust of the wind for him. he also learnt how to cope with an uncountable amount of thoughts when he goes to crowded places— it was a recurring problem back when he was still a child but now he has gotten used to it. though he hasn't reached his strongest state, at least now he's stable.

seungyoun-ah, seungyoun reads wooseok's thoughts, who was clearly calling him in purpose because he knows seungyoun could read him. seungyeon-ah, don't filter me.

seungyeon replies back with his power to glimpse into other people's thoughts. are you trying to distract me because trust me, it ain't working.

wooseok chuckles. i know i'm not one to interfere with your x1 identifier powers, but are you sure that redhead kid ain't it? his hair really threw him off.

seungyoun looks around, unable to find this certain redhead wooseok was talking about.

on your left, dumbo. wooseok reaches out.

seungyoun turns to his left, his eyes finally capture the figure of a redhead standing among blackhaired students, his face facing the other way. just as seungyoun was about to examine the latter's side profile, the redhead all of the sudden turns his head around facing him, his eyes staring straight unto seungyoun's.

right in that moment, seungyoun winces in pain.

the redhead definitely looks as startled as seungyoun, as if he knew what has become of him, but seungyoun couldn't bother to look at him anymore. his head is throbbing quite dreadfully, his mind somehow has torn into pieces. mindless thoughts of people around him starts to pile up, causing a major chaos inside his head. i haven't felt this pain in ages.

loud.. it's too loud..

he couldn't even differentiate other people's thoughts to his own. he doesn't know what he was really thinking, all he knows that his whole body aches in torment to the point his mind is about to collapse. wooseok holds him by his side, seungwoo's tall figure on the other. squabbling in panic, the crowd has mixed thoughts over his sudden panic attack, screams of thoughts hurdling all over.

STOP!!! THINKING!!!

GET YOUR NASTY THOUGHTS AWAY FROM ME!

his mind screaming, his brain burning, seungyoun gives himself up by falling into a deep sleep.

seungyoun...

the redhead becomes the last of his memory.

ahhhh the response given to the other chapter was explosive, i couldn't help but publish this short one fast to keep you guys curious :) 2 chapter in 1 day, i'm really excited!

moreover, i enjoy reading your comments and feedbacks. 15 votes for the next chapter ~

- yuehwa