05

05 — THE FUTURE AWAKENS
seungyoun discovers who the redhead is.. but what exactly is he?

"he's not usually like this.. yes, he's the kid who fell from the ceiling 2 years ago yet still recovered.. he should be awake in a moment now.."

what was before numb, seungyoun could finally move his fingers now. though his back is aching, he still manages to force his eyes to open. slowly he retrieves his eyesight, a ray of light embellishes his face as he approaches so. the first thing he sees is the face of seungwoo staring at him upclose. "seungyoun!"

"hyung- ackh!" that's why he feels his joints are warm, turns out seungwoo has been massaging him with a small spark of fire pressed against his skin. "what are you doing?!"

"fixing you, it feels great right?" seungwoo laughs. "don't worry, your body could take it. though i'm pretty sure wooseok's couldn't."

wooseok suddenly appears in the back. "your limbs will freeze the moment you lay a sittouufingertip on me."

seungyoun brushes seungwoo's hands off him and gets up from bed. "let's go."

seungwoo stops him. "hey, your body needs to rest!"

"my body's fine hyung, i've recovered." Lo seungyoun manages to get on his feet. "see? all good. my healing system has kicked in, i'll be better in no time. so now let's go, we gotta find him."

"find who?"

"that redhead who laid his eyes on me! he's the reason why i faltered. i don't know what he is and what he did to me, that's why i need to go!" seungyoun walks away from there, limping his way to the door. "it's either you come with me or i'll search for him myself. it's not like you'd be a big of a help anyway."

"excuse me, you mean that redhead kid i told you about in my thoughts?" wooseok asks curiously, opening the door without thinking.

"yes, i told you i'll find him. the signal. now because of what happened inside my head, how i lost control of my own thoughts because of him, now i know that he's the one that we've been trying to find." seungyoun says with a touch of excitement in his voice. "i'm furious, indefinitely furious for what that rascal has done to me, but i'm also.. looking forward to what comes next."

he walks out the infirmary, his purpose has been stated loud and clear. seungwoo and wooseok exchange curious looks to each other. wooseok open his mouth to talks. "you know, technically i was the one who found the kid because i pointed him out to him—"

"let's just go." seungwoo pulls wooseok over, stomping their way towards a very erratic seungyoun.

seungyoun looks around the scene, his tall height enables him to see through a huge crowd of students. "why are they so many?!" he shouts.

"it's lunchbreak!" wooseok shouts back. "why are we shouting when you can just simply read my thoughts?!"

seungyoun! seungwoo sends him a message. the kid on the left, is it him?

seungyoun turns around to see the backside of the redhead he saw before, on his way alone to the school's garden. without thinking further seungyeon barges into the sea of students, forcefully making his way to the clueless redhead. wooseok and seungwoo follows his from behind, casually curious of what exactly was going on inside seungyoun's head.

seungyoun sprints his way towards the boy and eventually reaches the redhead's shoulder. seungyoun shouts. "turn around right now, i'm not afraid of you!"

the redhead turns around, and in reflex seungyeon immediately closes his eyes. "okay! i'm still a bit kinda scared of you, only a little! please just look away, keep your eyes off me, don't you dare to that to me again!" he sputters frantically whilst still gripping on the boy's shoulder.

"what did i do to you?" the boy's voice is soft yet stern.

"what you did to me last morning! when we exchanged glances to each other! don't pretend that you forgot you did such a thing!"

"but i really didn't do anything—"

"your eyes, you really made me unstable, okay? i wanna talk to you! but.. i'm scared that you'll do that to me again!" seungyoun's eyes were still sealed shut, he didn't dare to see anything at the moment, especially when the redhead is standing right in front of him.

"seungyoun-ah, calm down." seungwoo barges in, pulling him over to stop.

"yeah, why are you squinting like that, are you gonna kiss him or somethin'?" wooseok loiters playfully.

"GUYS GET AWAY FROM HIM! HE'S DANGEROUS!"

wooseok sneers. "dangerous, my ass."

"you were the one who wanted to find him, and now you're trying to get away..?" seungwoo mumbles.

"i can't see him, he's the reason i fainted this morning!"

"oh come on seungyoun-ah, don't be ridiculous." seungwoo exerts.

"yeah, you think this kid is danger? i mean no offense but i can't find anything scary about this kid.. well maybe except his neon shoelaces but other than that he's harmless."

seungwoo pats seungyoun in the back. "come on kid, please don't embarrass yourself."

"i'm not going to let go of him! i'm not gonna see him either— AHH!"

wooseok sprays water to seungyoun's face, causing him to flinch. seungyoun's eyes flutter open. "YAH KIM WOOSEOK YOU—"

he and the redhead exchange glances. seungyoun immediately closes his eyes. "NO, I'M GONNA DIE AGAIN, MY HEAD— is not feeling anything at the moment what happened?"

he opens his eyes, capturing a glimpse of the redhead for the first time.

"hello." the redhead chirps unsurely.

appalled, seungyoun pushes him against the wall. "what are you, exactly?"

15 votes for the next chapter~