50

50 — THE IMITATION GAME

it starts getting scarier when robots start to think more humane than humans themselves.

seungyoun enters the cafe with a heavy heart.

if it wasn't for seungwoo's constant pleadings, he might as well won't be here by now. but because he cares of his older brother's pride (plus there is some sort of a flickering curiosity that starts to abound him) he decides to come to hear what daniel's got to say himself.

daniel sits on the edge of the room alone, reading a newspaper. seungyoun gestures at the older one to take the lead, and he did not argue. seungwoo makes his way towards the latter with a very discontent seungyoun behind him. he clears his throat. "we're here now."

daniel lowers the newspaper, surprised by the sudden appearance. he smiles. "seungwoo-ssi, seungyoun-ssi. you made the right choice, asking for enlightenment."

"did you really went to find junho last night?" seungyoun asks out of the blue. "eunsang told us he saw you."

"correction: i found him." daniel says shortly. "he must've told you that we didn't receive satisfying results either."

seungyoun shrugs. "maybe if you really did try to help, you would've already gone to save him earlier before—"

"seungyoun would like to appraise your hardwork and perseverance, thank you for the effort." seungwoo cuts him off, saying the words with a slanted smile.

daniel grins as he starts to search through his bag. "you must've been curious of your case too, seungwoo-ssi. when you got captured."

"i would like to know how relevant this.. kwon boah woman is to me." seungwoo replies honestly. "how your late mother feels about me."

"she truly cared for you, seungwoo-ssi. it's no surprise because you she raised you first before me."

"raised me?"

jealousy, seungyoun notices the jealousy radiating from daniel, and that is clearly not a good sign. seungyoun pushes himself to let his argument slide in. "you're always jealous of something, daniel-ssi. it makes it harder for me to trust you. why can't you talk to any of us without having hard feelings about something? it's not that hard to do."

daniel clears his throat. "i think i find it reasonable for me to be jealous. you guys are empowered individuals after all. there's nothing much you can get from a normal guy like me."

"i know it's not about that." seungyoun points out. "well it might be related to that, but that's not the main reason. you're jealous of something else.."

"seungyoun-ah, i grew up in an environment where everyone glorifies the xyy individuals. let it be from my father's side, from my mother's side, you all are considered as the main comparison to me as a person, and i'm not quite fond of having to live up with those expectations even so until now." the words spill out of the boy's mouth. "so am i jealous? of course i am. i'm not my parents's main focus, and i will never be as long as i'm stuck with just one y chromosome."

seungyoun and seungwoo looks at him in concern. daniel sighs. "anyway, this is not about me, in fact it never is. what i'm about to tell you here is everything you guys do not know about you. so please, as long as i'm explaining this to you, do not interrupt nor go against me, save your arguments for later. i'm only telling you what i know and what my mother wants you to know. please do receive this information with an open heart." daniel straightens his posture. "so are you ready?"

seungwoo nods at ease. seungyoun looks at daniel for a moment before nodding too. daniel pauses and takes a deep breath. "so everything first began on the day of seungwoo-hyung's birth.."