33

33 — OF MONSTERS AND MEN

junho isn't feeling entirely himself.

"yes, i brought junho with me. i'm going to drive him back home, so don't worry. NO, my mother's driving, not me— stop screaming, hyung!"

after the fiasco that happened in the hospital, eunsang has made up his mind that junho is definitely not compatible enough to be in a place anywhere near daniel. something in his heart claims that he might be possessed, but he genuinely hopes that it's just a stupid scenario that his mind made up for him out of boredom. after all, setting up an exorcism must be a huge hassle, so he just hopes that isn't the case here.

he sits at the front passenger seat, junho at the back and his mother drives. junho looks unquestionably okay for a person who previously just had an mental breakdown. eunsang is still on a call with seungyoun who seems to be more frantic of the situation than he is.

"if you're driving below legal age, it's not only me who gets in trouble—"

"for god's sake, hyung! my mom's driving, i'm in the passenger seat so just please, chill out okay?" eunsang sputters all those things in just one breath. "he's fine, i'm fine, we're all fine."

"i'm not." junho reiterates.

eunsang turns around. "shut up, this ain't about you."

"it kinda is..?"

"what happened?" seungyoun asks through the phone. "i was with seungwoo hyung, i haven't gotten the catch here. spill the tea."

eunsang was about to explain everything right on spot, but he glances at his mother and he immediately knows that talking about it publicly might not be a great idea with her hanging around. "just ask minhee, hyeongjun, or dongpyo. they were there when the thing happened."

"hm.. okay." seungyoun mumbles. "just tell me when junho reaches home safely, and when you reach home safely. i'm just being cautious here."

"okay, don't worry."

seungyoun sighs. "alright, i'm hanging up. see ya later, kid."

"bye." eunsang closes the call, then he looks towards the road with lots of thoughts roaming inside his head.

"eunsang-ah," his mother chimes.

"hm?"

"your moody friend over there.. where should we drop him off?"

eunsang turns to junho. "junho-yah, tell me your home address."

junho gazes at him, no emotions subsides. "no."

"you told me that you wanted to go home earlier, why aren't you cooperating now?"

"because you forced me to go home without my consent! i go home when i want to go home."

eunsang's mom chuckles.

eunsang shoots her a questioning look.

she coughs. "sorry, he just scarily sounds like your sister when she's on her period, it's mindblowing."

"junho-yah," eunsang turns to him again. "address."

junho shakes his head vigorously, an occurring sign that means there's nothing eunsang could do to encourage him anymore.

eunsang groans. "fine, if you wanna play it that way." he then spells out the correlated word inside his head, hoping that this might work.

s..