34

34 — CONSCIOUSNESS FLEETING

they always lose consciousness at the worst situations.

"eunsang-ah... eunsang-ah, wake up.."

sound of sirens wailing, a crowd of people surrounding. eunsang tries to move his finger, brushing the tip against the coarse asphalt road. just a moment after that he feels his body flying, a warm feeling embraces his cold tier. his body was then placed in a comfortable surface, he couldn't specify whether it's a bed or simply a car's sofa.

"don't worry, you're alright.."

he closes his eyes again, letting his body engulfs the rest of his conscience.

the next time he opens his eyes, he finds himself laying down in a hospital bed with his wrists attached to anesthetics. he feels much more better now because he can finally feel his legs, but he can't help but be bothered by his spinning thoughts.

"so does he pee? or does that bucket in the bottom holds it down for him?" a voice appears from the left side, though it wasn't exactly clear enough for him to listen. "so the anesthetics gives him food? can i get those instead of fastfood? would i get fat?"

somehow mildly bothered by the continuous blabbers, eunsang tries his best to open his eyes. he fights against the cruel bright exposure as he did so. the window by his right was left opened completely, exposing the sunlight immediately to his face. he squints delicately. "w-what.."

a sound of someone jumping from his seat startles him. "nurse, nurse, nurse, nurse, NURSE!"

a figure appears in front of him. eunsang blinks a few times again so he could completely regain his eyesight. the figure becomes more clearer every time he does so. "hmm.."

kim yohan heads towards him with a surprised look. he puts the palm of his hand on the boy's forehead, eyes, and neck. "are you awake? is this just me hallucinating? is this even real? are YOU awake?!"

"hyung— hyung, stop touching me."

"prove me that you're the real lee eunsang!" yohan exclaims threateningly.

eunsang groans. "hyung—"

"yah, don't avoid my question! prove to me first!"

with all the power that he has, eunsang manages to flick his fingers. yohan suddenly disappears out of sight. he sighs in relief.

and just in a split second yohan appears in front of him again. "okay, that was unnecessary— you didn't have to teleport me into a desert again!"

"you wanted proof."

"don't go cheeky on me, weasley."

"but you said you wanted proof."

yohan groans, grasping eunsang's shoulders tightly. "you know what? i don't even care how much you annoy me anymore. i thought that after we lost junho we're gonna lose you too, i wasn't going to imagine the worst scenario but i couldn't help but cry about it—"

"junho?" eunsang immediately gets up from his lying down position, his ears springs up when he hears the mention of his name. "junho, where's junho?"

yohan bites his lips. "ah, about that.."

just as eunsang's about to bombard him with questions, suddenly the door bursts open, revealing a group of boys bringing a huge cake with them. "GET WELL SOON, EUNSANG-AH!" they all shout in unison.

eunsang widens his eyes. "wait, what—"

he wasn't expecting the sight of the other x1 boys marching towards his way, whilst holding a big cake with the words 'get well soon' written all over it. the boys definitely didn't expect him being conscious either. hyeongjun who was holding a big bouquet of sunflowers was so trampled in shock to the point the flowers fell to the floor. he runs towards eunsang to give him a big hug. "eunsang-ah, you're alive, i thought you were going to die.. i thought you weren't going to wake up.."