37

important note: i do not ship seungpyo romantically. end of discussion.

37 — UP AND DOWN

seungwoo, seungyoun, wooseok, daniel.
god knows what they're doing, wandering at xigma.

"can we please hang out with you guys longer?" dohyon frowns, the look on his face dims immensely.

"skipping school is not good for you, dohyon-ah." daniel hums as he caresses the boy's head.

"but this is history we're talking about.."

"and so what if it's history? i was in the top tier for history back when i was in school." seungyoun points out.

"well, you had a father who you could brag your scores to, i don't."

"yah, nam dohyon," hangyul calls him out. "don't use mom's death as a way to escape from your studies, that's unwise for you to do."

"well i wasn't quite the scholarly type either when she was still alive.."

seungyoun pushes dohyon afar, forcing him to leave. "go."

"but hyung—"

"history. now."

dohyon pouts. "okay, i'll get to class. bye, hyungs."

"have fun, kiddo!" daniel cheers for him.

the boy leaves, resulting a decrease of number. hangyul laughs. "ah, it's really hard to encourage him to go to class, he has no friends in particular from his year, so i think that's why."

seungyoun turns to him. "why are you still here?"

"i'm sorry?"

"you're also supposed to go to class, in case you've forgotten." daniel says as he crosses his arms. "what's with the delay?"

"i — well, uh, ah shit. okay, i'll go." hangyul mumbles, feeling a bit disappointed that the boys knew of his presence. he thought because of his matured look and figure he was able to disguise himself. and just like that they were decreased to two.

seungyoun terribly regretted it for not thinking through, as now he has no idea how to start a conversation again with daniel. it's not like they weren't in good terms, but seungyoun wasn't exactly fond of him either.

daniel knows him. he knows of his powers, too.

how to ask about it without becoming too suspicious?

"you haven't told me what brought you here, seungyoun-ssi," daniel says in the middle of silence.

"uh, my car..?"

daniel looks at him confusedly.

"oh, you mean my intentions!" seungyoun thought himself as a well-spoken guy, he has no idea why he's struggling to come up with clever comebacks to show off. "oh, i'm here to fill in as a substitute teacher."

daniel furrows his eyes. ".. substitute teacher?"

"yup."

"dongwook-ssi asked you to become one?"

".. yes."

"and you agreed?"

"well, i find it as an interesting offer," seungyoun shrugs. "anyway, it'll be useful in my cv, at least i'll have some volunteer works to add."

daniel laughs lightly. "why do you need to care about your cv? you already have a whole company to take care of."

seungyoun purses his lips, thinking of an answer. daniel continues talking before seungyoun even had the chance to recover.