30

30 — A TIME FOR CONTEMPLATION

2 days break means a lot for them, especially for the brothers.

"mom, can you please drive me somewhere tomorrow? there's something i need to do."

"oh my, you want to go to your friend's house, sweetie?"

".. something like that."

"ah, that's great." the woman clasps both of her hands happily. "what, is it for a group project? or have you simply found a group of friends you enjoy being with?"

"it's for a funeral."

".. oh."

the next few days for them has been surprisingly quiet, a defined contrast than the first three days of school eunsang has taken a part of. the three older hyungs haven't been visiting much often— seungwoo has been wrecked upon several homeworks that was left unnoticed because of the busy days he had before, and wooseok has been busy with.. whatever he's doing. seungyoun on the other hand decides to ignore his actual responsibilities and runs off to school instead as he finds hanging around with his dongsaengs a nicer thing to do than to answer love calls from companies he's supposed to take care of.

eunsang's finally more open with junho now he's exposed to his powers, and junho seems to be more fond of that because he's been smiling more often. dongpyo starts to tolerate eunsang's existence, even if that means he still leaves one or two snarky remarks if he still got the chance, but none of them were really taken personally. there were times when dongpyo really spreads out genuine hatred towards eunsang, but he knows for sure this wasn't it.

hangyul and dohyon as expected didn't come to school for obvious reasons. yohan has been quieter than usual, probably because deep inside him he's involuntarily concerned of hangyul after what had happened, so the discomfort and guilt still runs through him. eunsang just hopes that everything will go back to normal, so that at least they won't be going through life without being engulfed by guilt that wasn't supposed to be theirs.

eunsang starts to regret telling his mother about the funeral, because it seems like the woman's more 'enthusiastic' than he is. she didn't only drop him off at the hospital, she decides to join him instead. there was nothing he could do to stop her, she seems to be able to get away with everything.

the woman closes the car door, fixing her knee-length rainbow dress. she sighs. "yikes, we should've had gone through the shortcut, the traffic was horrible."

".. or you should've had hurried on your makeup, we could've had gotten away with the traffic if it wasn't for you."

his mother shoots him a look. "boys go left,"

eunsang groans.

"finish my sentence, sweetheart." she commands him. "boys go left,"

"because girls are always right." eunsang says half heartedly. "okay, okay i get it."

"good, because if you question my makeup priorities once again i might as well dye your hair green for next year— oh, look!" she points to someone across the road, waving her hand.

eunsang turns around to see who she was waving to. "oh that's not—"

"he is!"

"no, it's not!"

"don't be silly, i could recognize him quite easily!"

"you better get your eyes checked because—"

"dongpyo, sweetheart!" his mother grabs the other boy's hand a little bit too excitedly, moving them around. "i'm so glad to finally meet you in person!"