15

15 — THE TRUTH UNTOLD

the usb holds the key to yohan's past, and his future.

whilst holding his breath, seungyoun clicks on the file.

the boys gather around the laptop, eagerly watching the content of the video for the sake of their curiosity. yohan sits in the corner of the room, lifting his head just so he could watch bits of it.

the first clip of the video shows a surveillance camera footage of yohan sitting in an empty room, his eyes looking dead as ever. in the room was shown a figure of a man walking around, reading notes from his clipboard. on the other side stood a woman with round glasses and high cheekbones, staring at the man intently.

"we checked on him. he's positive." the woman informed.

the man grinned. "finally after what it felt like years, we captured another one."

yohan gulped hearing the word 'capture'.

"what are you going to do with him? you're not gonna treat him like what they did to the last one, aren't you?" the woman asked.

the man shrugged. "well, if it's a must, perhaps i will." his eyes shifted at yohan. "but this kid looks like he's more of an obedient type, don't you think? not like that fire kid that acts like he has rabies every time we move a step closer."

yohan stared at his feet, wondering when this will end for him.

"i'll leave him to you." the woman said as she opened the door to take her leave. "just a little reminder: he's underage!"

"he has a black belt in taekwondo, i'm sure he could bring me down anytime if he has to."

the woman left the room, leaving yohan with the man. the man then sat on the chair across him, scrumming through his files. "we're not here to hurt you, we're just here for the truth."

yohan nodded.

"i'm not sure if you know about this, but we found something quite interesting about your dna." the man explained. "turns out you have an extra y chromosome in your dna, making you an xyy unlike the normal male beings with xys. are you aware of this?"

yohan shook his head.

"figures. most local doctors don't really find it as a huge deal as long as the child doesn't appear with any physical symptoms." he slide an image to the table, showing it to yohan. "this was found in a local neighborhood just around yesterday evening. witnesses said that they saw you as the culprit who did this."

it was an image of a large hole appearing in the sidewalk, looking like one of those alien crop circles that are usually found on fields. the hole scraped the insides of the soil, making it appear as if it was thumped down by a huge force. yohan stared at the picture, his expressions blank.

"do you know what it is?"

yohan did not answer. he didn't necessarily know what it was, but he saw it before. he was there when it was created, after all.

"yohan-ssi."

"i was with a friend." yohan said.