045. one last mission

"Pick up, pick up, pick up." Zendaya silently repeated as she waited for Harrison to pick up the phone. He had to know, and she knew what finding Indigo meant to him.

Once Harrison picked up the phone, she couldn't get a word in because he knew what this was about. "What's wrong?"

"Haz, we..." She paused, and swallowed before admitting the sad truth. "We can't find her."

"You're joking." He said, and Zendaya replied instantly. "Nope."

"Well then I'm going out there myself." Harrison announced, and was ready to hang up before Zendaya stopped him. "Wait!"

"What?"

"Don't do anything stupid, alright?" Zendaya asked, her voice shaky. She knew that this wasn't part of the plan, but there was no other choice. The three girls did the best they could, and it was time to pass the torch to Harrison.

"No promises." He replied, then the two said quick goodbyes and got off the phone. After hanging up, Harrison managed to leave Diego's apartment without making a sound, then made his way out onto the streets.

Zendaya put her phone away, and let out a sigh before walking back over to Jenny and Laura, who were waiting quietly. "Come on, girls. Let's head back to the apartment."

"What's going on?" Laura asked.

"Yeah, we can't exactly just give up, ya know." Jenny said. There was no way she would just let her best friend disappear forever, everyone was aware of that, but they tried their best.

"Harrison's got it covered." Zendaya replied. Jenny and Laura shared a look, and stood up to go back to Indigo's apartment. "Let's go then."

•••

1 hour later

It took Harrison less time than he expected to find Indigo. He could spot her so easily. The signature high pony and knee high boots weren't hard to miss. Plus her petiteness gave her away as well.

"Indigo!" Harrison yelled out.

Indigo heard him, and she knew exactly who it was. There was no use running, so she stopped in her tracks. "Haz-"

Harrison quickly ran up to her, and the two shared a warm embrace. He rested his chin on the top of her head, holding her tight while Indigo wrapped her arms around his body, burying her head in his chest, letting out a quiet sob.

"Thank god you're okay." He whispered, gently kissing the top of her head. She said nothing, and continued letting the uncontrollable tears stream down her face, staining his hoodie.

He let go of her, and she did the same to him. It was the middle of the night, and the wedding was only hours away. There was no going back on this now.

"Come on, we gotta get you back for the wedding." Harrison said, ready to take Indigo back to her place so she could get some sleep before the wedding, but Indigo was refusing.

"What if I don't wanna get married?" She asked. Her mascara was running down her face and she couldn't stop crying. Indigo felt like a complete and utter mess, and she hated feeling this way.