Chapter 7: Seventh Prince, So Wild

The pair of red eyes that were observing everything finally went back to their own residence after the banquet. The scarlet eyes that belonged to the person with long, black hair with the charming smile that Lanying dared to not look at was resting on a chair while looking out of their courtyard.

"Yin Lanying. . .this time I will accompany you in this life."

. . .

Lanying arranged for Qiao Chi and Qiao Na to accompany her on their travels in case the other servants decided to target the two maids in her absence. She could not let any little detail go amiss in this second life. The maid that was kicked out by her was quietly executed by Yin Rue and Yin Rui to throw the blame on her servants to prevent anyone coming along with her except for their planted spies, but too bad that went wrong.

She confronted the husband and told him about his wife cheating with another man and gave him the charm that his wife gave to the lover, making him furious. The charm was his way of proposing to her when they weren't married yet and to hear his wife making this charm for another man brutally gave him a heartbreak.

"This couldn't be tolerated by me, so I took the chance to end your wife for doing such a sin behind your back. Moreover she already gave her heart to that lover of hers and no longer harbored any love for you. You can confront your wife's lover in Second Sister's courtyard where he resides."

The husband was the trusted servant of her father Yin Hao, and sowing discord like this will eventually come to grow tension between them in the future. He initally didn't believe her words because of her reputation until he saw the charm of his wife's. Now sooner or later he will be beating that lover to death.

Once Lanying left the husband to go do what he needs to do, she walked and hid in Wei Tian Yue's courtyard with a suspecting rumor. This 'second mother' of hers also had a lover, but they were more of friends with benefits who often gave what the other wanted. Lanying didn't want to think about it anymore and decides to plan how to catch this vile woman cheating on her father, yet she thought the plan shouldn't start until Yin Rue and Yin Rui have successfully married Yang Le.

Then that'll be where the fun begins.

"Being ruthless is a hard job, but not much worse than schemes in the imperial palace." There were plenty of schemes she was exposed to which made her think of a way to incorporate some of the same schemes in this life. It wouldn't matter now if some women were to know of their own schemes stolen by her.

"You're right about that. Even royal children like me have to become the victims of such awful schemes."

Lanying turned around to the unexpected voice behind her back and smiled wide. She's been waiting for this best friend of hers to appear after the banquet and he was possibly laughing at her misdeeds during those moments.

"And that's why you had always came to visit me so I could cheer you up! Say, how did you like my wonderful show at your second brother's birthday party, Yang Peng?"

Yang Peng, or known as the Seventh Prince of the Emperor who's known to be wild and mischievous but is still honorable and a genius. Yang Peng was her childhood best friend and they had often pranked others with her uncle since they were young. During the time they've matured however, they started to grow apart due to differences in status and responsibilities.

Even as an Empress then, he would guide her with anything she struggled with in the palace but in the end he was the one who was executed because of the false affair between them. His death was the most impactful one of all that caused her to be numb towards others than him. At that time, she wanted to hear his voice only to comfort her heart and forcibly let herself be cold to others because of their cruel nature of seeing her best friend die in front of her without any remorse.

He was the one to reveal the hidden good things about herself and without him in her life, she wouldn't be able to become good person.

"I'd say you're setting up a trap for your sisters and my second brother. Tell me, didn't you admire him? How come you were saying something about the Star Spirit Sect Leader? And you absolutely destroyed your father's and second mother's intentions of getting your mother's treasure."

He understood her the most. Lanying could only chuckle at his words and lightly push his arm. "All of that is true. . .somewhat. But I am going to enter the sect as a disciple so I can be stronger to defend myself from the cruel world and protect my beloved ones, including you." She gave him a genuine smile.

"I can protect myself! It will be embarrassing to be protected by a flat-chested, pants-chasing and drooling-about-naked-men lady!" Yang Peng said to her face before running from Lanying wielding a stick of her wrath.

This Seventh Prince is just so wild!

"Hahaha! You're the only one who's bold enough to insult ladies like it's nothing, youngest brother." Another voice came along and made Yang Peng hide behind his brother's back.

"Yang Tian, once she sees you she'll be obedient!" Yang Peng quietly said to his eldest brother as Lanying came along after. Once she saw Yang Tian she immediately discards the stick on her right and respectively bows to him.

"Yin Lanying greets his highnesses First Prince and Seventh Prince."

Greet me my ass! You were going to whip me with that stick!

Yang Peng glared down at her with a pout but was ignored by Lanying who displayed an innocent expression. Yang Tian was amused by the play of his youngest brother and his female best friend and couldn't help but wanting to join in on the fun.

"I hope Xiao Peng hasn't given you any troubles, Lady Lanying. He's always very naughty." With the smiling face of his eldest brother's, Yang Peng could only curse his brother for betraying him for her.

"No not at all, your highness. Even though Seventh Prince is like that, I am a good person with patience." Lanying was internally laughing. Have a taste of vinegar, Yang Peng! That's what you get for insulting me!

T-This girl! How dare she!

The Seventh Prince could only accept the vinegar being handed to him because he did indeed deserve it. He wouldn't dare to go against this best friend of his anyways.

A good person with patience! Who says so?!