Chapter 16: Star Spirit Sect Entrance Tests (1)

Lanying was now back at the weapon shop where she felt her aura overflowing from inside herself. The immense power flowed so much that she had a bit of trouble trying to calm it down since she didn't cultivate before.

Fortunately by remembering the basic cultivation lessons of the books that Yin Xingxing gave her in the past life to read, she was able to conceal her powers with ease.

"Phew. Somehow, I feel that my mind is much more clearer than before." Lanying could see that her perception of the things around her became more focused and detailed, and also felt newfound strength within herself. Could it have been the sword's trial that enabled her to cultivate?

"The First Awakening has been completed. From this point on, your life won't be the same as before."

Lanying turned around to see Yin Xingxing, the starseer who was waiting for this moment before the entrance tests could start!

"Awakening? Does this have to do with my destiny?" She recalled the beautiful white-haired woman talking about her destiny being true to the end, and it made her curious of what it was.

Xingxing nods her head and walked out of the back with Lanying to meet the two gentlemen and Senior Rong who were waiting for her. Upon seeing Rong Kui, she showed her the sword that had shed off its rusty-like skin and now revealed its radiant crystal-like appearance with the Mystical Blue Of Destiny being the final touch to complete the divine look.

Rong Kui smiles and pushes the sword back to Lanying's arms.

"It belongs to you now. This weapon was waiting for its successor of the Blue Fairy who was one of the legendary disciples of the Star Spirit Sect."

The Blue Fairy?

Yin Long had a solemn look. "It was said that the Blue Fairy died to protect the world from the Black Tortoise Sect who wanted to eliminate it, and the Moonlight Aspirations Rosetta Sword was the only item remaining of her existence."

Lanying already believed that the white-haired woman in her awakening was the same Blue Fairy mentioned by them. However the Black Tortoise Sect was always known to be the enemy of mankind and had been hidden from the world since then.

Did the Blue Fairy's sacrifice for the world impacted them to hide for many years?

"Moonlight Aspirations Rosetta Sword. . ." She has seen the moonlight and the rose, but the aspirations part of it must've been the wisdom given from the Blue Fairy herself. Giving her the hope to achieve many things in her life.

'I will not falter! For this hope you have given me.' Lanying thought.

DING!

"The Star Spirit Sect Entrance Tests are starting!"

"I wonder who will be the lucky ones to become the disciples?"

"Hah! If one gets to cultivate in the Zodiac Division, then they're already that strong!"

"The Taurus Disciples are known to cultivate strength as the Leo Disciples are known to cultivate the heart. I suspect the Zodiac Division may gather more people than ever!"

"Hey! The Perseus Division is known to have ethereal characters despite having slight arrogance. Maybe they can gather some people as well!"

Lanying and the others heard the people discussing about the different divisions that are shown to the new students after the tests. It seems that the ones with Star Spirits were much more widely known to get into a division than the ones who didn't get them.

"Sister Xingxing, what kind of Star Spirits exist?" Lanying asked her, interested in what makes them so famous. She also wondered if she will obtain a Star Spirit since there are a lot of lessons for her to learn.

"The Star Spirits are usually grouped into one constellation where it originally belongs to create the whole of one constellation. The Divisions are split into many constellation groups that nurtures the right cultivation for the person to learn and practice, and once they breakthrough every star that connects to cultivate the full constellation, then they are ready for the inner sect." Xingxing explained.

"Such as the Zodiac Division's Leo Disciples that have the Denebola or the Regulus Star Spirits. The same goes for the other divisions in that particular rule."

"Then what about the ones without Star Spirits?"

"The ones who didn't obtain Star Spirits can already cultivate the entirety of their constellation themselves."

Those who don't have Star Spirits are unusually predestined to receive the entirety of their constellations to cultivate much stronger than the outer disciples. Thus these people are known to be independent without a teacher's guide and already considered inner sect disciples.

The expression on Lanying's face became helpless. Her sister is definitely very strong so how will she be able to surpass her? Placing hopes in the incompetent second life her was truly pressuring.

'Don't falter, Yin Lanying! You can do it!'

That's right! She may be weak right now but if she can do her best, then it will be worth it! At least one thing she can get from all this work is to defend herself from enemies!

Star Spirit or not, she will take any route that leads to her unknown destiny!

. . .

At the Star Spirit Sect's front gate for the annual entrance tests, an old man with beige robes was quietly drinking star spirit tea near the table inside a room where he would view the tests from above. He could see the people waiting patiently in line to get tested, but they couldn't see him from the outside.

"Old Li Xia, your addiction to tea hasn't fade at all."

A young man with red eyes walked casually to the table to sit on the opposite side of the old man where he also looked down on the people from their view. He had a red mask decorated with a certain type of bird from the sides of it.

"Hahaha. You know what they say, some things never get old." The white-haired old man taking another sip of their tea was none other than Yin Xingxing's master, the First Elder, and the leader of the Star Spirit Sect, Huang Li Xia.

"Like a certain mask she was able to choose first by coincidence. . ."

Huang Li Xia's hand that was holding the cup of star spirit tea paused midair where it was heading for his mouth. He looked at the red eyes of the masked young man, determining what he was thinking at the moment.

The old man smiles slightly and continued to sip his tea.

'Perhaps this lazy idiot will finally stop procrastinating after seeing a girl he's finally interested in again.'