Chapter 33: A Totally Effective Scheme, Battle Of The White Lotuses! Part 3

Strange.

Yin Long was hiding in the corner when he heard Dong Min Mei's words after Yaoyao left him there. He wondered why somebody like him would choose the Magical Martial Sect for cultivation. It's even more strange that Yin Long felt that this dude is even in it at all.

"Who's there?!"

Dong Min Lei raises his hand to the side, throwing his magical sword at the stalking silver dragon. Yin Long managed to dodge and catch the sword with his own hands, feeling it shake from his sheer power. He was quite amused that an inferior artifact still manages to recognize him well as the young male walked out of the corner to face Dong Min Lei while examining his sword.

"Sorry to interrupt you, Cultivator Dong. I just happened to pass by here and saw you were in an argument with your junior and it would've been disrespectful of me to walk in on you two." He casually threw his sword back at him, seeing the other catch his sword with one hand.

The Magical Martial Sect disciple greets Yin Long respectfully before sheathing his weapon back into its cover. "So it's Sir from the weapon shop. I apologize if our banter disturbed Sir's time."

"No no no, not at all. And please, call me Yin Long."

"Ah, Lord Yin Long. I'm truly sorry of not recognizing you before."

"There's no need for apologies. I'm simply here to tell you that both your junior sisters have started a fight within downtown, and it includes your junior named Yaoyao and another named Tang Di Wan." Yin Long observed the other young man for his reaction, and therefore was in his expectations.

Dong Min Lei sighs deeply and thanked Yin Long before rushing to stop the fight of the white lotuses. The silver dragon took a glance at his departure in thought. He was curious of this disciple of the rival sect, and thought that he could've been in the Star Spirit Sect if the man wasn't recommended to the other sect when he was of age to join one. How did Yin Long even know? Well he thought that the young man whose temperament is kind shouldn't belong to that sect at all.

Speaking of which, Tang Di Wan should be heading towards Yaoyao's direction in any moment now.

. . .

"So it's Yaoyao. I heard you were in town so I came here to see how you're doing. I even brought a gift for you." Tang Di Wan came across Yaoyao downtown in front of many people walking by them. She hurried to find her since she saw the girl arguing with Dong Min Lei and felt suspicious of her leave until a message provided by a mysterious sender told her that Yaoyao was going to meet with the Crown Prince Yang Le for the empress position, which made her chase after the inferior disciple secretly.

Yaoyao scoffed inside. How 'caring' of this inner sect disciple. "So it's Lady Tang. Yaoyao didn't mean to make Lady Tang worry. I was just meeting one of my relatives since they missed me so much, so I went to visit them." Let's think of how to tear off this spoiled young miss's facade.

"Is that so? I was just going to congratulate you with this gift." Tang Di Wan's maid opened the red box, revealing a red dress that anyone could recognize. "Congratulations Yaoyao! Lord Yan has announced to make you his wife and had me give this beautiful wedding dress to you!"

Everyone stopped after she said that loudly for them to hear. They all congratulate Yaoyao nervously as they all knew of Lord Yan's reputation with his almost-made-wives. The lord was notorious for finding out scandals about his fiancés before he could officially be married to them, causing many nullified marriages. Therefore when they heard that he was going to have another marriage, they all wondered what would be the scandal for this new fiancé.

Yaoyao was furious. How dare she try this method! "Lady Tang, not to be disrespectful, but is this information correct? How come I've never heard about this?" What else can this seductress try?

"Lord Yan specifically sent a message to all his premium restaurant customers to retain this news until it was time. And that time was now." Tang Di Wan said without hesitation, smiling at her junior sister with confidence. "This wedding dress was carefully designed to enhance your beauty when the day comes, so please take it and try it on when you get home."

Yaoyao scoffed inside. Tang Di Wan is really trying to make her marry Lord Yan, isn't she? This is quite a ruse without the person's knowledge anyway. "Does Lord Yan know about this? If he realized that you did this without his permission, wouldn't you get your premium status revoked? Ah, I don't mean to offend you, Lady Tang. It's just that. . .if you really did this without his permission. . .then you would be the one implicated. . .not to mention your family. . ." And seeing the inner sect disciple's changing expression was in Yaoyao's expectations. So the second young miss of the Tang Family didn't think that through huh? It's such an easy feat to recognize those who can't scheme well.

"Who did what without my permission?"

A powerful voice shook both the young ladies as they bow their heads and turn forward to the direction of the voice. Everyone else around them also followed suit upon hearing. Yaoyao was secretly overjoyed as Tang Di Wan was quietly sweating profusely.

They both didn't expect the lord to be in town for different reasons.

Lord Yan stepped down from his carriage to walk towards them, his luscious blonde hair cascading down to the back of his feet. His piercing blue, phoenix eyes looked at Tang Di Wan and Yaoyao with coldness that chilled the ladies to the bone.

"The marriage announcement is it? It's true. I plan to take Yaoyao of the Magical Martial Sect as my wife."

"What?!"

Yaoyao's body shook. That voice. . .he shouldn't be here! From the corner of her eye, she saw Dong Min Lei rushing over to her with confusion and shock written on his face.

"Is it true?! That you're marrying Lord Yan?! I thought. . .you preferred the Crown Prince Yang Le since you don't. . .have an interest. . ." For me. For Dong Min Lei, her senior brother.