Chapter 15: Lanying's First Awakening (2)

Lanying who was looking at the scene through the moon's reflection on the surface of the river felt her heart tug. She places a hand on where her heart was and smiled softly.

Starting from that day, it felt like all the dark rain clouds and constant blackness of life began to disappear and fade away, allowing the warm rays of light to pierce through it all.

She spent her time talking to Yang Peng again when she was bored and a heart-to-heart talk with Yang Tian whenever she wasn't having nice dreams at night. Even though the dangers of being with other men were quite life-ruining, she didn't mind when it came to them.

It was already nice to speak to people who were willing to talk to her after having a long time without good social interaction with anyone.

But what happened after all of that was still fresh in her mind. Yang Peng was executed with a false scandal that placed blame on her cheating with him.

She chose to die but was still uncertain of her decision that the knife kept repelling her action until Yang Tian came into her room to help her escape onto a horse with him.

They were chased by the soldiers of Yang Le, and the two of them almost made it to the border if not Yang Le actually knowing that she might have thought of going out of the country.

Archers were prepared to execute her on the spot when the arrows came flying towards her in seconds. Yet what made her lose her might completely was that Yang Tian was the one to protect her from the arrows, and he was the one pierced by many arrows on his back.

He told her to leave but she didn't want to. How could she leave him to die alone? She lost Yang Peng and now she was going to lose another friend she only made for a short time, yet he was already dear to her.

The First Prince had a smile on his face when he died in her lap. Lanying hesitated to stab herself now that she felt that if she were to live, then she could try to gain Yang Le's favor again and clear her name.

She may had lost both of her friends, but she still also loved Yang Le at that time. Love could triumph more.

Yet it couldn't be fulfilled. Thus she finally chose death to be with the ones that truly cared for her.

"I was a fool to choose such a life. Even after rebirth, I'm still a fool." Lanying looked up to the moon, feeling the cold light shining down on her. "What will I do this life now? What is my purpose for being reborn? I want to believe in myself this time but it's still hard to believe even when you felt like hope was lost until now." She stood up while still looking at the moon that now shined in the dark blue sky.

"I've always wanted to make a difference and not become nonexistent just because I've been hurt this much! I've seen the people who gave me genuine happiness and I do not want to let that become a burden anymore. Yang Peng always made me smile and happy, Yang Tian gave me reasons to live on, and Sister Xingxing gave me hope for this life."

Hope.

Hope for this life and a chance to start anew.

"If I'm still a fool, then let me be a greater fool who still knows how painful it is to be human at heart. In this world, it's alright to be complex as long the choices you make along the way can make you learn greater things than what you were in the past!"

A glint of red went pass Lanying that made her look at the direction of a red figure's back, and a blue figure passing through her body who stood in front of her after the red figure disappears from her view.

BADUMP!

Such a warm feeling inside. She felt familiar with the blue figure who stood in front of her, and in a split moment she started crying.

"Why must I be such a fool? How can I even live up to my words when I know that I've lost my ways many times than I could remember?"

The blue figure then approached closely to Lanying, embracing her in its arms.

"There's no need to rush looking for the answers that can't be learned in a short time." The blue figure's voice was soft and calming, almost like it was similar to her own voice.

"Everyone makes mistakes, and it's always important to learn from them to better improve yourself. Even one day you forget to learn, your heart will always remember."

"Who am I exactly to be worthy of such lessons?" Lanying wrapped her arms around the blue figure, her tears dropping on their shoulder. "In my own despair, I also hurt the ones who truly cared for me. Yin Long and Yin Xingxing weren't the only ones who gave me hope, but also Yang Peng And Yang Tian. They died being involved with me in the past life!"

"You are Yin Lanying, the girl who will become a Star Spirit Sect disciple. Your future can only be determined by your own decisions and actions and not always by fate. Fate can always change but will always choose the conclusion of your actions without you knowing what goes beyond after it. Your destiny will always be true in the end, even when you slowly know what it is."

The blue skin of the figure started to shred off, revealing a beautiful human with white hair and blue eyes smiling at Lanying. At first Lanying was surprised but felt more warmth and familiarity with the woman before her.

"I believe in you, Yin Lanying. You will become a better person and learn to appreciate the people you have in your life. Even if you have to be cold, don't forget yourself that you believe you will be. And once you have these lessons learned, many different opportunities will soon reveal themselves to you."

The woman then disappears, with the Mystical Blue Rose Of Destiny now floating in front of her. A piercing blue light going through where her heart was.

And in an instant, Lanying screamed all of the pain she forced to keep within herself. Many droplets were left from her eyes as she was going through all of her emotional pain till now.

What once felt dull now had a light of clarity from this enlightenment.

. . .

After awhile, the blue light faded from her chest and the blue rose stood still in its glow while Lanying had begun to accept its light slowly over the course, being able to be more comfortable and painless after some time.

Her eyes slowly open, revealing her clear blue eyes glowing lighter than it was before. And on her face was a sign of exquisite beauty with her expression showing a growth of wisdom to it.

She peers over to the blue rose, reaching out her arm for it to rest on the palm of her hand.

"Thank you for believing in me. I will try my best to find and learn my destiny at my own pace."

The blue rose then shines, sending her back into reality.

. . .

A powerful aura swept out of the weapon shop, making the people strolling outside shiver from its intense presence.

A lingering shadow caught wind of the presence and then disappeared away from town.

A human figure turned around to the source of the aura and smiled.

It seems that she finally completed her first awakening. What will happen now that it has begun?