Chapter 24: Strange Star Spirit (4)

After some ups and downs in the second test, the few remaining people followed the two elders and women towards the place where the third and final test was going to partake.

This was where they will cultivate the constellation energy for the first time.

Lanying and Yin Long along with the qualifiers lined up in rows facing the elders and women in the large meadow that surrounds the sect with dense spiritual energy.

Third Elder Xin allowed the Star Spirits to help their partners go through the process of cultivation, with the exception of Yin Xingxing helping Lanying and Yin Long since they didn't have Star Spirits.

"You should direct the spiritual energy into your dantian so that you are able to unlock the next stars in your constellation. For Yin Long, you'll have to transcend your stars further once your constellation has fully broke through all of its stars. The way to do it is to focus on your first star and began filling it up with star energy that comes along with the spiritual energy inside. That way your cultivation can grow stronger in each step."

Yin Xingxing advises Lanying and Yin Long respectively with patience. They sat cross-legged on the green grass to absorb the energies lingering in the air.

Once Yin Long began absorbing the star energy in the air, the spiritual energy seemed to rotate around him much denser than before, stunning the elders and Lady Taiyang in astonishment.

"This boy. . ."

Lady Taiyang spoke, amazed at Yin Long's powerful absorption of star energy that not many were able to easily grasp since it takes deep understanding of the astral realm. However. . .

"Isn't he showing off too much for a new disciple?!"

"There's no problem with that. He will make everyone feel more motivated to cultivate."

Third Elder Xin chuckles as Lady Taiyang stared him down.

'What a sadist.' She thought.

Lanying was amazed of her brother's skill to easily grasp the star energy, separate from spiritual energy needed to breakthrough each star to light up. She wished she could be as great as him.

But that's enough admiration for now.

She closed her eyes and started to sense the spiritual energy in the air just like she was told to bring it into her dantian. It took quite awhile to know how to absorb the energy but soon she adapted to it quickly.

'Wait, this doesn't feel right.'

Wasn't she supposed to absorb spiritual energy? How come she's feeling another energy surging inside of her body? Is it the star energy? That shouldn't be possible.

BOOM!

Did she just breakthrough?

That easily?!

'And it's not going to stop yet! You'll become an aberrant after a couple of more breakthroughs!'

Who was that voice?! Lanying seemed to remember it was the same voice earlier.

'Forget about me right now, you need to focus on breaking through again! Just continue to absorb the spiritual and star energies into your dantian!'

Apparently the girl didn't have the control to stop absorbing since it was well adapted into her system after familiarizing herself with it.

The spiritual and the star energies continued to be absorbed by Lanying, who felt many breakthroughs into the middle realm of her Draco constellation.

Then high realm.

And then.

Full constellation.

She managed to get all her stars lit up to complete her constellation!

Once Lanying opened her eyes, the blue color of her irises were strangely glowing along with her body emitting a dense aura around her surroundings. But it wasn't the meadow that she was in with Yin Long.

There were crystal flowers around her and the moonlit sky, something that was familiar. Could it be?

"Welcome back! I thought it'd be nice to have a familiar scenery for you to come back to!~"

The cheerful voice alerted her to walk backwards into the river, where a soft hand immediately grabbed her from falling into the water.

"Careful, you would have stepped on a butterfly."

She had closed her eyes from seeing her own impact, and then opened them to see a woman with pristine blue eyes and white hair, only that the woman's pupils seemed to have butterflies in them.

"Are you my Star Spirit?" Said Lanying, making the butterfly-eyed woman look at her and then laughing.

"If that's what you think, then I guess it's the same."