Chapter 23: Strange Star Spirit (3)

In one single blink of her eyelids, the wings were gone. Strange. How strange. Did the wind make the people cover their eyes so that they wouldn't see the wings?

Silver Dragon wings. They were. . .familiar.

"Next." Lady Taiyang continues with the test like nothing happened. Did they see his wings? Lanying was so sure that her brother wasn't a normal person because this is the first time she'd seen such a thing! And as an adopted brother, could that be a part of his bloodline?

Questions were held down in her throat as they proceeded with the weapon test.

"Young lady, please step out so that I can verify your suitability with your weapon."

Senior Rong Kui's voice echoed in her ears and she snaps out of it to walk out to display her skills. Only that she didn't know martial arts that well. What was she supposed to do?

'Follow my lead.'

A voice resonated in her head. Who was that voice?

'Let the sword guide you.'

The Moonlight Aspirations Rosetta Sword began to move her grip, but not just her hand. Her entire body seem to react to the guidance. She didn't know why her own body was moving out of her control but one thing she knew was that the graceful movements she was making were suitable for her learning.

With the sword gripped in her hand, the movements she was showing to the crowd were of elegance and delicate like a fairy. It astounded them, even the two elders and women.

A pair of red eyes belonging to Yang Tian focused on the girl's movements with warmth in his eyes. They were beautiful like a white lotus. He looked besides him, seeing Yang Peng whose gaze watched every graceful move of Lanying scene by scene.

"It's definitely just like her mother's," Yang Tian pointed out, "She is her mother's daughter after all." When Lanying's mother was alive, he met her when she was still pregnant with Lanying in her abdomen. The woman was kind and graceful, elegant in her manners but also strong enough to protect herself from harm to the child in her belly.

Compared to her so-called father, her mother was a capable swordswoman. Of course, she wouldn't know that reason.

"This swordplay. . .it reminds me of the lady from the Xin Family." Lady Taiyang said quietly to Senior Rong, "Is she her daughter? Is that why she's here with Junior Xingxing?"

Senior Rong nods. "The first seal was broken in my shop. Whatever comes after that will slowly change her wellbeing until she becomes who she truly should be. The wait is no more."

After Lanying finished her presentation of her skills, the crowd applaud her greatly.

Why? Why did she felt saddened? She felt that she finally displayed something that she once practiced before. Was it the swordplay? Did she used to learn it before?

And who was the voice that helped her with it?

"The Blue Fairy's Sword in your hands has finally met its new owner after a long time of isolation. Congratulations, Yin Lanying." Senior Rong clapped her hands and smiles at her while the crowd was shocked in wonder.

The Blue Fairy's Sword belonged to the Blue Fairy who sacrificed herself to save the world from the Black Tortoise Sect who tried to destroy the world before!

"Things are finally going to change." Yin Xingxing said, looking at Yang Tian and Yang Peng. "No matter how much it hurts, it has to be done to unlock the second seal. Will you be able to do so?"

Yang Tian closes his eyes and sighs as Yang Peng's hands grip each other in deep thought. They don't have much time anymore. "I hope so," The younger prince said, "I had believed in this predestined wait for so long. We finally have the solution to stop them this time, so that we will be able to have peace. If it wasn't for those two, the wait would've been too long."

Yang Tian pats Yang Peng's head and smiles. "I'll always be here to look out. I too, had believed." Both brothers look at each other and smiled, but a saddened smile.

Yin Long looked at the two in silence before turning his head to Lanying who walked back to them with a radiant smile on her face. At that moment, he wondered when that time will come.

"Brother Long, Sister Xingxing! What do you guys think? Did I perform well?" Lanying was very happy to pass the second test and was excited to ask her elder siblings how they thought about her swordplay just now.

"Brilliant!"

"Graceful."

Both of them praised her truthfully as the girl had never done such a wonderful display of sword talent before.

Lanying was much more happier and looked at the two princely brothers who were focused in their own worlds. She snaps them awake with her fingers and innocently smiled at them.

"How did I do?~"

"Beautiful."

"Less than an actual fairy."

The brothers' contrary responses caused the girl to glare at Yang Peng, who cowered behind the First Prince and stuck his tongue out to her.

Yang Tian could only laugh at the situation as the offended Lanying kept glaring at the Seventh Prince.

There was only one more test to go through.