Chapter One - Day 1

It was just your average Monday morning at school. The holidays were over and almost everyone was hungover from the night before or completely out of it. Its the first day of senior year and I can’t wait to get out of here. Just another three terms and my exams in the final term and it’ll be finished! I’m a pretty average student, B’s and C’s here, the occasional D, but other then that its pretty chilled. I live in England, and at the moment its the middle of winter. Im bloody freezing. Its raining and miserable. Its first period, English. What a poor excuse for a subject to learn. I mean come on I already speak the language why is it that I have to learn about it too? But just as I thought the period couldn’t get any worse, a sudden turn of events, a new girl has arrived. Why in the world would she decide to come in senior year? That’s incredibly strange.

I poked my head up to take a quick look to see what she looked like. She was tall and thin with long strawberry blonde hair that was tied back in a pony-tail and bobby pins to keep the remaining strands controlled. She wore a peach long-sleeved top that hung at her waist and a pair of light blue skinny jeans to emphasise her curves and a pair of small white wedges. She had bright blue eyes and tanned skin with freckles across her face. God she’s so beautiful.

“Well Miss Bell, you can take a seat over at that desk over there.” Mr Borne instructed as he pointed next to the seat next to me.

She walked up the narrow pathway while everyone stared at her. As she sat down she placed her handbag on the floor and pulled out an exercise book covered in stickers and photos of her and some other girls. Friends from her old school I suppose.

“Hey, Im Tony, but everyone calls me Tone.” I smiled at her and waited for a response.

“Hi, Im Stacy, everyone calls me Stacy.” She spoke with a sarcastic tone that made us both giggle.

We didn’t really talk much after that for the rest of the lesson but I couldn’t stop staring at her. All I could think about was her lips pressed against my lips, and her hand inside mine while I held her check with the other pushing it into her long soft hair.

“Mr. Alter?” 

“Oh, um, yes sir?”

“Can you give me the answer to the question that I have just imposed on you, or are you too busy day dreaming?”

I figured it was a rhetorical question like almost everything he asks. Sarcastic bastard. He is basically the reason for my hate of english, he always picks on me and he never helps you or encourages you to do better. Last year I got a whooping 93% on my paper and he still told me to do better! What an asshole.

“No sir, Im sorry.” I answered and tired as hard as I could not to sound like a smart ass.

“Hmm, thats what I thought…"

Anyway he continued with his truly appalling teaching methods of yelling and screaming at us, as if he were teaching fem across the football field. Suddenly the bell rang and everyone almost immediately stood up and sprinted for the door as if someone fired a gun and everyone was running to save themselves, but then again I guess Mr Borne is a pretty good reason to run. 

As I came out of class I headed to the cafeteria to meet all my friends like I usually did every other day. We were all on the football team so it was easy enough to spot out the red and black letterman varsity jackets. Just like that they all came in one by one, throwing the football to one another and lining up to get food.

“Oi Tone! Dude Ive got some mad news for you!” A voice said as he came running over and pushing his way into the line to be next to me.

It was Sid, he’s been my best friend since kindergarten and he always has something fascinating to tell me after every class that we don’t have together.

“Yeah man, what’s the go?” I asked trying to sound interested.

“Dude, Ive got some mad spliff for tonight bro!”

“Sid, I don’t know how many times I have to tell you this but I don’t want to smoke and I never will. Its a disgusting habit and it makes you dumber then you already are.”

“Alright, Alright. More for me then!”

I shook my head in amusement of his stupidity. We walked to our table which was near the back in front of the window. All the boys were already there throwing food into one anthers mouth looking like complete dooche bags but hey, when you play on the same team you form a close bond with them.

“So I heard that there’s this new chick today, she’s meant to be smokin’!” said Darren with a mouth full of food.

“Yeah she was in my english class.” I replied dryly.

After that it was pretty quite, the occasional cheering for someone who threw up a piece of food into the air and caught it in their mouth. But the whole time I couldn't stop thinking about Stacy. Who was she hanging out with? Could she find her classes? Were there other guys as interested in her as I was? Pfft I doubt it! Its her first day and Im already obsessed. Jesus christ Tone!

By the end of the day I was completely shattered, I was so tired I could barely stand. But then I saw her, It was Stacy she was walking down the stairs from the school building just as I was saying goodbye to the boys. I ran up to her as fast as I could and tried to look casual.

“Hey, can I walk you home?” I asked hoping, no, praying that she would say yes.

“Haha, do you really want to?” 

“Of corse I do! I mean um.. yeah sure whatever” Wow could I be anymore of a loser!

As we walked I talked to her about her first day and if she liked the school or not and if it was better then her old school she seemed pretty happy with it but what I really wanted to know was how she felt about me. Tone its her first day, she doesn't even know how she feels about the food yet!

“Well, this is me” She said standing in front of a small one-story brick house with white shutters on the windows, all of which were closed. We stood there for a few awkward seconds until I said “Well Id better get going, mum probably wants me home for dinner” she looked at me and said goodbye and started walking up her driveway with a small black Honda parked in the carport.

When I returned home my mum was in the kitchen making dinner and listening to sticky fingers on the radio. My mum was pretty groovy, she would always dance around and listen to her favourite band while she was cooking or cleaning or doing something around the house. I adore my mum she's like a tiger, so protective and sweet, my mother always raised me to be a good boy, to respect women and when the time comes for me to get married she always told me ‘Tone, never leave her to do all the work, help her and satisfy her every need.’ Mum was very big on women rights and hated the way men viewed them as a piece of meat.

“Hi sweetie, how was your day?” She asked in a sweet tone of voice.

“Hey mum, it was good. There was a new girl today.” I said as I gave her a kiss on the cheek. I hated not giving my mum a kiss because what if one day you walk out the house and come home and she's not there. 

“Oh thats good! Is she pretty?” 

“Stunning mum, you wouldn't believe it!”

She looked at me with a smirk, I knew what she was thinking, and believe me, I wish. I went up stairs to get started on my homework but it was so hard to concentrate with all the thoughts bopping around my head. By 10 o’clock I was exhausted and fell asleep with the thought of Stacy’s lips on mine.