Chapter Eighteen - Day 80

I woke up the next morning holding Stacy in my arms, tears stains on my cheek from the night before, she had them too. I couldn't believe she was moving back in with that bitch and there was nothing I could do. She couldn't stay here unless she was adopted and I had a problem with being in love with my adopted sibling.

She looked so content sleeping in my arms, I didn't want to wake her, I didn't want her to move a muscle, I didn't want her to leave. They say all good things come to an end, but not my Stacy, no, she would be mine forever. I took a quick look at my phone to see what today was. It was Saturday, we had all day together until the pig came to pick her up. I hated that bitch with an intense passion. I closed my eyes and pulled her in tighter hoping I would never have to let her go.

We slept for another half an hour before I couldn't sleep anymore, I tucked a piece of hair behind her ear and kissed her on the top of her head lightly. I loved her so much and now she's slipping out of my grasp. She woke up slowly smiling weakly at me.

“Morning.” She mumbled into my shirt.

“Good morning angel.” I mumbled into the top of her head.

She turned onto her back and rubbed her eyes and ran her fingers thought her hair in distress, I could tell that she didn't want to leave as much as I didn't want her to leave. She turned her head slowly so that she was facing me and let out a small sigh. 

“I should pack…” She said, her voice cracking.

“Hey, I’ll come over everyday, I’ll drop you home from school, if you take a day off I’ll come see you right after school. Just because you live in another house doesn't mean you’re slipping away from me, it wont change a single thing.” I reassured her.

“Promise?” 

“I promise Stacy.”

She cuddled up to me again, I felt her slow sad breaths on my chest. I started humming the chorus of ‘Roger Rabbit’ by ‘Sleeping with Sirens’ I knew it was one of her favourites. She giggled and started to trace patterns on my chest with her finger as I continued humming. Shortly after she decided to have a shower and get ready.

I went into her room and started putting things in suitcases, this was one of the hardest things Ive ever had to do, that hardest was packing up my dads stuff when he died. Stacy wasn't dead so it was less painful, but the thought of her being away from me in an environment that once made her try and kill herself was driving me mad.

After I had packed up most of Stacy’s stuff I went down stairs and made myself a cup of coffee. I sat at the bench and wondered what would happen to my poor angel when she got back into the house, I was hoping that her mum was telling the truth, I don’t want Stacy going somewhere where I don’t know if she’s okay or not. Its killing me from the inside out.

“Tony love?” My mum came up behind me and put her hand on my shoulder.

I quickly flinched before realising it was just her.

“Oh, hey mum.” I said dryly.

“Are you okay dear?”

“No I am not okay. She cant leave with that bitch! What if she.. What if she gets bad again and I wont be there to save her? Her mum wont care like I do!”

“Hunny, all we can do is pray that our Stacy will be okay. She always has you, and she knows that.”

I nodded and went back to drinking my coffee before making Stacy a tea and bringing it upstairs to her. She was sitting on the floor at the foot of her bed with her head tilted back in frustration. She heard me coming in as I sat beside her and held out the cup of tea. She gladly took it and gave me a small smile.