Chapter Thirteen - My Secret Place

We drove for about twenty minutes in an intense silence while Stace was getting wildly impatient. I parked out the front of a bush-like terrain and hopped out of the car. I walked to her side and opened the car door for her and helped her out of the car.

“This is it?” She looked at her with furrowed eyebrows and slightly confused.

“Yep, this is where Im taking you.” I said with a big grin.

I held her hand and we strolled into the the bush as I started sawing our hands trying to be really cute, Stace looked down and our hands and started giggling at me with a wide smile across her face.

“So why the sudden interest in taking me on a date?” She asked keeping her gaze on the trail in front of us.

“Like I said my love, I am going to show you the time of your life. I want you to have everything in the world. And today Im starting with a really cute date that you can tell all your friends about and make them really jealous of your amazing boyfriend.” I told her. You could hear the smirk in my voice.

“Damn you’re so corny!” She said laughing at me.

We reached the end of the bush and came to a small cave tunnel. I came to a stop and pulled on Stacy’s hand so that she turned around and faced me. I put my hands on her waist and started to get incredibly anxious. 

“Whats wrong babe?” She asked

“Stacy, I have never brought a girl here before, I found this place when my father passed away, I remember coming here and laying down on the grass for hours crying and looking up at the sky wondering if he was watching over me. This is the only place here where you can see all the stars, there are no city light and nothing to disturb us. Ive come here whenever times got tough and I would just lay down for hours on end. This place is spacial to me and I want to share it with you.” I told her.

We walked through the cave tunnel and came to a clearing. Once we were out of the cave tunnel we were met with a crystal clear creek with a soft current surrounded by soft green grass and tall trees that seems to never end. The sky was a clear blue, not a cloud in sight. Today was perfect weather and I was spending it with the most perfect girl of all. She looked around with her jaw practically dropping to the floor.

“Do you like it?” I asked her hesitantly.

“Tony, this is spectacular! I love it!” She said wrapping her arms around my neck and planting a light kiss on my lips.

I picked her up bridal style and sat down on the floor cradling her in my lap with my head nuzzled into the nape of her neck breathing in her scent. We sat like that for about five minutes in a comfortable silence listening to the birds and the sound of the creek’s slow current. I was beautiful. I decided to get more comfortable so I lifted her up and set her back down on the grass and laid down. I put my hands around her waist and pulled her down with her causing her to giggle, one of my arms were underneath her pulling her closer towards me and the other was behind my head while one of her arms was resting on my chest playing with her shirt and the other playing with my hair. I smiled at her and kissed her on the forehead. She looked up at me and smiled lovingly.

“I love you Tony.” She whispered.

“I love you too Stacy. So so so much.” I whispered back giving her another light kiss on the forehead.

“Come on then!” She exclaimed staring up and taking off her shirt and pants.

“Stace, what are you doing?” I asked confused.

“We’re going swimming! Its a beautiful day! Why not!” She exclaimed pulling up and and practically dragging me into the water.

I pulled off my shirt and jeans and followed her int the water. This is going to be so fucking cold. I ignored the voice in my head and we jumped in on the count of three. I was right, It was fucking freezing, my body went numb after the first few seconds of rising to the surface. The water was clear so we could see all the small fish swimming around us. 

“Jesus christ, Stace, its freezing!” I said shivering.

She chuckled and swam closer to me leaping onto me and wrapping her arms around my neck and I grabbed hold of her waist pulling her closer to feel her warmth so I could stop shivering.

“You’re such a little girl.” She joked with a smirk.

“Aren’t you cold!?

“Nope,” She said popping the ‘p’. “Not at all.”

And with that she swam under the water and started swimming circles around me. As she rose up from the cold water she flicked her hair back and pushed the remains out of her face. I am literally the luckiest man on earth to have such a beautiful girl I can call mine. Suddenly m thoughts were broken by a large splash hitting me right square in the face. I wiped the water from my eyes and saw Stacy smirking and giving and innocent whistle. I bobbed down in the water and picked her up by her hips and dropped her in the water with a big splash. When she resurfaced she gave me such an evil look that implied I’ll kill you for that I laughed at her and she tackled me into the water and we both went under. After about half an hour of splashing and swimming we both got ridiculously cold and decided to get out. We laid on the grass telling each other stories of childhood memories, she told me about her dad and I told her about mine. Her dad sounded like really nice guy and it sounded like her cared about Stacy a lot. I wonder why he left? When it got to my turn I told Grace how my dad offed himself because his work made him depressed and his family hated him. Besides my mum and I, we were all each other had, and now its just me and mum.

“Alright lets go.” I said jumping up and pulling her up once we were both dry.

“Where are we going now Tone? I don’t want to go home yet.” She said looking down at the ground slightly sad.

“Oh baby, we’re not going home!” I told her reassuringly.

“We’re not?” Her face suddenly lit up like a christmas tree.

“Nope,” I said popping the ‘p’. “Not yet, we still have more to do!” I grabbed her hand and we walked back to the car.

I started making our hands sway again and again she laughed at me.

“You’re so cliché babe.” She said with a giggle.

“But you love me.” 

“Yes. Yes I do.”

After this morning at breakfast when she joked about not loving me it still freaked me out and I couldn't rick loosing her. After she reassured me that she still did love me a huge weight was lifted off my chest and I relaxed a little more. When we got to the car I held her door open for her and waited till she was in and cloud it then hopping in on my side, I started up the car again and started driving back down the road to our next destination.