Chapter Twenty - Day 83

Once again it was a Monday morning but today I was excited to come to school. I woke up did did my usual routine when Stacy wasn't here. I got out of bed, had a shower, put in my piercings, got changed, had breakfast and drove to school. I quickly texted Stacy

[To: Baby Girl <3]

Hey angel, need a lift to school? xx

[From: Baby Girl <3]

No its okay babe, mums giving me a lift. But thank you. See you in English. xx

To be honest I was kind of hurt by her not letting me give her a lift. I was happy that her mum wanted to do something nice but I wanted to see her as soon as possible.

I drove to school in silence with the radio playing ‘Run’ by ‘Matt Nathanson’. Isn't it funny how you feel a certain way and there are certain songs that relate to every part of emotion that you’re feeling? I pulled up into the school parking lot, so sign of Stacy. I walked into English giving a few nods and hellos here and there. It all felt so strange.

As I walked into class I sat in Stacy and I’s usual spot, she still isn't here. I try not to make a big deal about it but I cant help the fact that I don’t know whats going on or where she is and it scares me. I probably sound really clingy and annoying but after what Ive seen her go through and what she puts herself through and how she sees herself as a failure, I have a right to feel this way.

“Hello high school failures who are only going to get out of here is by the pity of their English teacher.” Mr Borne announced as he strode into class.

We all glared at him in disgust. Stacy still hadn't shown up yet, I was starting to panic a little. I started to pack up all my things and go to her house to make sure she was okay. Once I was about to leave I saw a figure standing over me, I took quick look to see who it was. All my fear was gone, suddenly I felt a great wave of relief wash over me.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Stacy asked with a confused smirk.

I put all my things back on the floor and took a deep sigh of relief.

“I was just about to go to your house to make sure you were okay.” I told her.

She smiled and sat next to me, sliding her hand down my arm and entertaining our fingers. I let go and wrapped my arms around her and kissed her on her temple.

“When I didn't see you I got so worried.” I slowly rocked her in my arms.

She didn’t say anything. I heard a small sniffle and looked down at her. 

“Stacy?”

She poked her head up and I could see a single tear run down her face.

“Oh god, whats wrong?” I started to panic yet again.

“When I got out of the car, she told me that she loved me.”

“Isn’t that a good thing babe?” I questioned slightly confused.

“No. I know she didn't mean it and she's just saying anything she can to get on my good side. Im not letting her in that easily. Not this time, i put her first for so long and all she wanted me to do was die. Thats not happening ever again.”

I didn't know how to respond to that, I knew she was right but I couldn't say that. I wanted to give Debra the benefit of the doubt but every day just made it harder and harder. I rocked her in my arms for a little while before I decided that I really hated English.

“Wanna get out of here?” I asked.

“I cant miss anymore school Tony.”

“No, not for the whole day, just this period. I cant stand this tool.”

She giggled and nodded her head in agreement. 

We walked out to he small garden that was behind the school and just sat there in a comfortable silence enjoying each other company.

“Happy birthday by the way angel, I love you.” I kissed her on the cheek.

“Ew, oh my god, please don’t.” She giggled.

“Why not? This is the best day of the year! I get to cerebrate the day the most beautiful girl on earth was born!” I said ecstatically.

“You’re probably the corniest guy in the world, you know that right?” She said with a smirk.

“You love it, don’t try and deny it.” I replied with a sly wink. “Anyway, I got you something.”

“You did not.”

“Oh, but I did.” I smirked.

I pulled two boxes out of my pocket and handed them to her. She hesitantly took them but then planted a grateful kiss on my lips. She opened the bigger box first and when she saw what was inside her mouth dropped to the floor.

“What the hell Tony! How much was this!?” 

“Nowhere near enough for you.”

She took the silver necklace out of the box and held it up to admire it. It had a small banner with the words ‘I’ll love you forever’ engraved on it. I help her put in on, it shone in the sunlight and complimented her flawless skin to perfection. The next box I oped for her.

I took the box in my hand and took her hand with my other hand.

I opened the box which it held a silver ring with a sapphire stone. Her breath hitched and she covered her mouth with her free hand. Tears started welling up in her eyes as she looked at the beautiful ring n front of her.

“Stacy, I promised you that I would give you the world, I promised you that I would always truly be yours. This is where I fully commit to these promises. This is not an engagement ring if thats what you were thinking but I promise to you that one day, I will get down on one knee and ask you to be my wife. I want to grow old with you and only you. I want you to be the mother of my beautiful children, but not just yet. Im going to fulfil your every dream no matter what it is. But for now, this is my promise.”

I slipped the ring onto her finger and kissed her hand. At this point she was crying. I lifted her up so that she was sitting on my lap. I wrapped my arms around her waist and held her tight planting a loving kiss on her cheek.

“I love you so much Tony.” She said recovering from her tears of happiness.

“I love you too Stacy. So much.” I cupped her cheek with my hand and kissed her slowly.

“Stacy Alter, has a nice ring to it don’t you think?”

“I cant wait for it.