Chapter Fourteen - Lovely Lunch

After we left our secret place I saw how exited Stace was getting just looking at me.

“So my dearest love, are you exited yet?” I winked.

“Tony Im ecstatic. Can you please tell me where the hell we are going!” She laughed.

“Are you hungry?” 

“Starving! Now where are we going?”

“There’s your hint baby.” 

She grinned at me playfully. We drove for another ten minutes after that conversation and Stace did the usual sing along and bob up and down to the music on the radio. She was so cute. She wound down her window and let the wind blow through her hair. Every time I looked at her she had her eyes closed and swaying to the soft beat of the music. We pulled up out front of a restaurant that I had booked that morning.

I jumped out of the car and went around to her side of the car and put one hand behind my back and opened the door with the other hand like you see in the movies. Yeah, I was going to make this as cheesy and romantic as I possibly could. 

“Ma’am.” I said as she stepped out of the car.

“Well thank you good sir.” She said with a giggle.

I put my arm out for her to put hers through. We walked through the front door with our arms still linked and I went up to the small desk and told the woman our reservations for tonight.

“Hello sir and ma’am, what are your bookings for this afternoon?” The perky girl at the desk asked.

“Alter, table for two please.” 

She nodded and showed up to our table. She showed us to a table near the back of the room set up with roses in a vase and champagne already poured into two glasses. I pulled out her chair for her and tucked it in for her once she was seated. You know, real gentlemen like. 

“Wow Tone, you went a little overboard tonight don’t you think?” She said as she looked around the room.

“Well if its too much then I could tone it down more. I mean if you’re not comfortable that is. I just want you-” She cut me off

“Tony, its perfect. You’re perfect.” She smiled shyly and looked down at her hands.

“I love you.”

“I love you too Tone.” She said looking back up at me.

The waiter came around with our menus and suggested the chefs special which happened to be prawns which we both gracefully declined. We’re not big shellfish eaters. As we both looked through the menu and we decided on beef with red wine sauce. The waiter nodded and went off with our menus and his little notepad. 

“So, have you got anything planned next?” She asked with a smirk.

“As a matter of fact, I do, and a fair warning, its incredibly mainstream.” 

“It better not be a bloody walk in the park.” She said in a stern, playful tone.

“I don’t know, maybe baby.” I said giving her a quick wink.

“If it is, I swear Ill kill you.”

We both laughed. I put my hand out onto the table palms up to indicate to her to told it. When she did i gave it a small squeeze and started tracing random circles around her hand with my thumb. We sat there for a bit in a comfortable silence. 

After what seemed like hours of watching people get their lunch first even though we ordered before them we finally got our food. It was presented really fancy which confused me a bit. why would you make a plate look nice if people are going to destroy it anyway? As you can probably tell, mum and I never really went out for dinner, and if we did it was to the local pub where my dad used to work. We took a bite into our food and immediately looked up at each other in total shock.