Chapter 25

*Twilight's POV*

I woke up from my deep slumber last night. wow, that lasagna was so good, I was able to sleep last night...lol.

Anyways, when I woke up, I immediately looked at myself in the mirror, my mane was really messy and I looked sleepy. I checked my calendar, my eyes widened as I remembered the dance was tonight! I ran downstairs and quickly ate my cereal, Flash grabbed a tuna sandwich and shoved it in his mouth, he said he needed to be early today, because whoever comes to work early, gets to go home early.

"Wow, you're really in a hurry, today..." I joked.

"I'm only wanting to be early because you're my date, and I know you like being early when it comes to this, so..."

He drank his orange juice, put his helmet on, bid goodbye, and went off to work.

I got easily bored, so I watched a little TV, tried on my dress a few times, and texted my friends. I didn't know what to do, until I realized, I can visit Flash at work! Why didn't I think of that?

I didn't really have to put on my cloak anymore, because these past few days, I've been ignoring the cloak, and nobody really cared that I lost my wings, I think it's because they're sad about the princesses' deaths.

I rushed to the crystal castle, and hid behind the door, the guards were in the middle of a meeting with my brother, Shining Armor. Flash was on the right corner, so I was able to call his attention, pretty easily.

He whispered "what are you doing here? I thought you were preparing for the dance with your friends?"

"They're...a little busy themselves, and I got bored at home, so I decided to just...check on you, that's all"

"In the middle of a meeting?"

"I didn't know you were in a meeting..."

"Well, you can just che-"

"Flash Sentry!!! What do you think you're doing?" Shining armor interrupted

I quickly hid behind the door and whispered "We'll talk later"

He nodded, then looked back "Sorry, sir. Just looking around, if there are any intruders..."

"Okay, if that's all, then I shall continue with my lectures, as I was saying..."

I raised my hoof, it quickly caught Shining Armor's attention, he said he needed to go to the bathroom, Shining armor sighed and let him go to the bathroom. And all that other stuff happened.

5 hours passed, and it was finally time to head to the ballroom. I was wearing my dress and Flash was wearing his tuxedo. A lot of ponies I knew showed up. Like those 5 mares I met a few weeks ago, Boom Boom, Dawn, Eclipse, and Scribble were wearing black jackets with hoods, and Rosy was wearing a cloak.

Pinkie,Rainbow dash, Fluttershy and Applejack came, too. They were wearing the dresses they wore during the canterlot wedding, they told me it creates memories of Cadence. Rainbow and Pinkie had dates, it was Soarin and Cheese, obviously. Fluttershy was accepted without a date because she perfected an animal investigation project and became famous to nature because of that. And Applejack was accepted without a date because she was the granddaughter of Granny Smith, who was involved in the founding of ponyville.

We had a lot of time spent by talking,eating, and taking selfies of each other. Well, us mares did those stuff. The colts were just hanging out and drinking.

Finally, it was time, for the slow dance, Pinkie and Cheese hid in the bathroom, so did RD and Soarin. Fluttershy and Applejack just sat down, so did the others. But I had no choice but to slow dance...with Flash...my close guy friend...

The music started playing, me and Flash started blushing, but started dancing. The dance was really slow, and really romantic. Me and Flash were really red, then he whispered

"This is making me feel...a little awkward..."

"Yeah...this is making me blush...hardcore..."

"Should we bail like the others?"

"We can't, now. The spotlight is facing us right now..."

"Bad idea to pick the spot in the middle..."

"Yep, we should've picked the corner..."

The dance took 5 minutes, then it stopped and everything went back to normal. Pinkie,Cheese,Rainbow and Soarin got out of the bathroom, talking about the bubble machine in the bathroom. They kept asking me how it went, it didn't answer, cause I felt really weird....