Chapter 26

*Flash's POV*

The slow dance just stopped, Soarin and Cheese just got out of the bathroom, those two hate slow dances, so do Pinkie and Rainbow Dash. I don't really like slow dances,either...but after that slow dance happened, I didn't know what to say.

Cheese ran to me and tugged me on the shoulder "so...how'd it go?"

"Umm...Ugh..." I turned red instantly,barely said a word

Soarin chuckled "yup...can't explain,can you?"

I nodded,blushing really hard.

"So how's your "date" "

I slapped Soarin teasingly "Bro,I never insult you when your hanging with your mare friend"

He slapped me, as well. "Ugh,fine, I'll stop teasing you when you stop teasing me,okay?"

"Okay,fine..." Soaring and I made an agreement,then he flew straight to Rainbow dash.

I looked for Twilight. I thought she was with her friends, but when I asked them where she was, they said she was strolling around the garden. I rubbed my hooves, since it was really cold outside, and looked for Twilight,again. And this time, I actually found her,sitting on a trunk of the biggest tree outside. I sat next to her, and asked

"Hey, you okay? You don't seem so...normal...I'm not saying you don't look normal, but you're not acting well..."

She sighed "I'm just depressed, that's all..."

"About..."

"The only reason why I'm here,only...because of money..."

"That's the reason why the 5 mares are here. And no, I don't mean the elements of harmony ,I meant those mares who covered the case for us. But the question is, why did you want to come here?"

She kept quiet for a moment, then "Well, I just wanted to spend some time with my friends, and I just thought...you, me, your friends, and my friends, could...have some fun,for a change"

"If that's why you're here, then you don't need to complain on why you're here. You already know why you came here, you don't need to be depressed." I gave her a pat on the back.

"Maybe you're right. thanks Flash, you're the best" she slowly hugged me, then we stood up.

Suddenly, the speakers shouted "Attention, everypony! Please come to the ballroom,immediately! We are about to make a few announcements,and we shall announce the winner of the contest! So everypony,please come to the ballroom immediately!!!" the speaker then kept quiet.

"Cmon,we gotta get going!" Twilight started running, I tried catching up to her, but she was too fast. So I started flying, but I got there too early.

After a few minutes, Twilight arrived, just in time for the announcements. She quickly grabbed the mike, then began announcing

"Welcome,friends,guests, and everypony,to this year's private dance,well I'd say it's not a private dance anymore since there are so many ponies over he-"

"Wait,there are only 20 people here..."

"Who said that?"

"Darling,it's your friend, Rarity, over here..."

She sighed "Rarity,I'm making some announcements here, do you mind?"

"Alright, but really, there are not too many ponies here, there are only-"

"Anyways,I will be saying a few announcements, then I will lend the mike to Sapphire shoes, and she will be saying the winner of the contest. Now here are the announcements..."

After she made those announcements,she lent the mike to Sapphire shoes, and she started talking

"Hello,everypony...I am about to say the winner of the contest. All of you did a very good job, you all acted gracefully and didn't make so much errors. But only one pair can be called as the winner of the contest. Now, the winner is..."