Chapter 35

*Twilight's POV*

It was time, Rosy was calling us for war. We worked hard for this, and it was our moment. Rosy appeared in a lightning strike.

"It's time, idiots..."

We all did our formation, and aimed at Rosy. She laughed evilly

"That's stupid of you...do you really think I would fight all do you? Oh please only an idiot would think of that, idiots like all the villains you fought. I'll only fight with the main one here...Twilight Sparkle, fight me or you'll all die..."

Everyone looked at me in fear. I walked forward " let's get this over with..."

Her eyes turned black, summoning evil spirits that remained after Sombra's death. I thought to myself ' wait if she summoned company, then why am I fighting alone?'

"Because I said me and you, fight. I didn't include any of your companions, did I?"

I growled in anger. I forgot she can read minds. I managed to kill all of the dark spirits, but it wasn't easy. And she didn't look angry at all, in fact she summoned more spirits. I got even more pissed and shouted

"Nothing can beat the power of friendsh-"

"Friendship? Question is, is there still such thing as "the power of friendship"? Let's see...Honesty's gone, Trust is gone and so is generousity. Laughter, loyalty, kindness. They might be still alive but the tree consisting the elements....mph...where is it now? The only thing that remains is the power of magic. Face it Twilight, it's over, no more friendship is magic...cause magic is all that's left..."

I hesitated. I can't believe it, she's...right. What is friendship now? The elements are destroyed and even some of our friends. The friends we have remaining can't help me or its over for us. Then that time I realized, I just got distracted from the fight. Rosy casted a spell on me, and I lost consciousness.

When I woke up, all I saw were my friends smiling at me in a white room. I looked at them straight in the eye and I already knew they were hallucinations. Rosy's doing this to trick me

A loud noise suddenly happened, it was like a microphone being dropped deep down. The hallucinations covered their ears, the noise was killing them, and...it did kill them

I didn't feel anything at all, until I realized they weren't hallucinations, it was the future. I had to stop it, I had to take back what was ours. I shouted

"I don't care if friendship I gone, I will still take back what's ours! Even if I have to do it alone! So come out, Rosy! Don't be a coward, show yourself! And I thought you were a dark alicorn..."

The white background darkened and black smoke began forming. Rosy appeared in the smoke and did the first move. She no longer used any companions or fellow dark spirits, she did it alone.

She first casted a spell using not her horn but her eyes, a spell that would blind me then poison me. I dodged and casted a spell of summoning a deep black hole with beasts that could kill anything, including Rosy.

Before making my next move, I thought first of what spell I was gonna use. Then I thought of using the most powerful dark spell I could think of.

The spell with the magic from Trixie's amulet, Sombra's crown, Sunset shimmer's magic (when she used Twilight's crown), Chrysalis's magic, Nightmare moon's magic and other dark magic combined.

I immediately casted the spell on Rosy, at the same time she aimed her magic at me. Our magic was at the same strength and she was speechless

"Impossible...all that magic can't be as powerful as mine...I..." She continued aiming her magic at me.

"Face it...friendship's not the only thing that's in me..."

*Flash's POV*
~~~time lapse...~~~

I can't believe it, we trained for so many weeks and Rosy just wastes it by only making one of us fight her. And she chose Twilight. She was dumb to choose the smartest of us. But also smart to fight only one of us.

Before they fought, there was a giant explosion. The next thing me and our companions saw was a force field blocking us from Twilight. Fluttershy stepped forward and tried touching the forcefield, her eyes turned black. The forcefield weakened her. Starlight helped her up

"Are you okay?"

"That...that forcefield...it..."

"It what?" Meteor asked, not concerned but very curiously

"I s-saw each and every animal I-in m-my c-cottage get m-murdered by that beast..."

Pinkie stepped forward an tried touching the forcefield as well. same thing happened to her "I saw my f-family getting killed..."

"That's it..." I muttered

Rainbow scratched her mane confusingly "that's what?"

"That's her plan...that's why she kept killing people one by one... She wanted things differently, if she would be defeated, she'd wish not to be defeated the same way the rest did. She's seen the different villains get defeated the same way. Look...she's summoning different dark spirits to fight Twilight and only Twilight so she'd make a change. She wanted to be different than the others. We don't want to keep trying to get in there, right?"

Everyone agreed

"Rosy planned all this, she's not stupid like the others, the reason why it took years for her to kill the others is for her to keep track of the deaths and put it into this forcefield spell. She knew what was gonna happen next. She knew we were gonna try interfering, so she used the spell on us so that we couldn't interfere. This forcefield is too strong for us, and that was exactly was she was planni-"

There was a sudden brightness, I turned around to see what was going on. And there it happened, Twilight and Rosy were having a magical duel. And it was extraordinary, Twilight managed to find a dark spell as powerful as Rosy.it was epic...

BOOM...it was over...

I wasn't sure who won. As soon as I opened my eyes after being blinded by the explosion, I saw Rosy's head lying on the floor. There was a big smile on my face, we won... Fluttershy interrupted my happiness

"Why are you smiling? Sure we won but according to Celestia, whoever kills the dark alicorn, dies with the dark alicorn..."

The happy mood turned into a sad one, tears fell from my eyes to the ground, we all wept. Starlight sighed

"The worst part is, we never knew what happened to Violet..."

"S-Star...?"

A figure came out of the remaining smoke, it was Violet. She ran to Starlight and immediately hugged her sister.

"Violet...you're alive...how...?"

"I escaped the forcefield without any feelings in me...so...where's mom?"

"She's Umm...she's..."

"Oh..." Violet sighed "well...at least it's over...no more villains, no more evil...no more pain...it's done...we're free..."

Meteor stood up "she's right, we're free. No time for sadness. Yes, mom's dead and...that is super sad, but let's look at the bright side for once, alright?"

I nodded. We all went home...but I had the strangest feeling...that we forgot something....

*third person view*

After the battle, Flash, Meteor, Starlight, Violet, Fluttershy, Pinkie, Cheese, Soarin and Rainbow Dash spent the rest of their lives investigating all over Equestria in search of whatever Rosy might have placed. Some of them found good things, some found dark spirits.

For several years, Flash wondered if Twilight really was dead. He was the only one left in the destroyed Ponyville.

When Meteor, Starlight and Violet grew up, they started traveling all over Equestria. The rest searched for Rosy's hidden properties at different parts of Equestria.

Flash was the only one who stayed in Ponyville, investigating the spot where the duel took place. Basically, he didn't believe Twilight was dead. He didn't see any evidence. He kept investigating.

The question is, what did happen to Twilight?