1

Vic's POV:

I questioned myself on how long it had been, but who was I kidding here? I knew exactly how long it had been since I saw Kellin Quinn. One year and ten months came and went so quickly. That was one year and ten months since I last spoke to him, held him, and kissed him. One year and ten months I spent getting over him and trying to move on no matter how much every inch of me wanted him back. It was just my luck that as soon as I had accepted that I was one hundred percent rid of all feelings for him, he walked back into my life, or maybe it was me that barged back into his. One thing was for sure; it was a collision.

My mind stopped working when I saw him. It went to mush, along with my heart. I saw him across the other side of a busy café just outside the college I now work at. I walked in just like I had many times before, but this time I stopped in my tracks. Standing at the counter, handing over pieces of paper, was Kellin. He looked just how I remembered him, only a little older, although he hardly seemed to age. He was nineteen now and I was twenty-four.

What was he doing here? Of all places he could be, he shows up here? Sure, it was only a couple of hours away from the town we used to live in, but I still never expected to see him. Obviously, I had never seen him around here before and campus wasn't that big, so was he a student? For some reason I couldn't see him as a student. He never was the studious type. It registered in my mind that he was applying for a job. He talked animatedly to the beaming girl behind the counter.

He would turn around at any second and my first instinct was to run and hide. Part of me didn't feel ready for this encounter. It was so unexpected. I wasn't prepared for this in the slightest, but I couldn't bring myself to run. The memories and the feelings from a time where he was my world flooded back in a mixture of confusion. What the hell do I do?

I told myself that if I ever saw him again then I would act civil. I'd want to be friendly. After all, it wasn't his fault that his parents didn't tell me or any of his friends where he went. It was however my fault that I moved away. In the end I couldn't handle the rumors and the bad reputation I had in that town. Everywhere I went people were whispering horrible things about me, and some even going as far to say I'm a pedophile. It was truly awful and there was even a moment in time I resented Kellin for starting something with me, but I soon saw sense and realized it wasn't his fault.

So, with my life in tatters I just had to get out of there. I only moved a couple of hours away and every day for a while after Kellin turned eighteen I thought about contacting him, but it was too late. We had been separated for too long and when that happens, people drift. Things changed. It was a messed up situation and I don't even think I understood what was going through my head at the time. Besides, it wasn't like he ever tried to contact me when he got out. I never heard a peep out of him and that hurt.

Back to my original question; what do I do? What if he hates me? I couldn't handle that. I was about to move or say something, anything, when a brief gust of wind and the chiming of the bell that was above the entrance door distracted me. It wasn't only that. It was the voice that got my attention.

"Kellin, are you done in here?" the one and only Oliver Sykes said as he walked straight past me. For a few moments I was in complete disbelief when he went straight up to Kellin and placed a hand affectionately on his back. Kellin turned to him, smiling brightly.

"They said they're hiring and there's a good chance I'll get the job," he said enthusiastically.

"Babe, that's great," Oliver said and kissed Kellin.

It was like a knife twisting in my stomach. It was simply a strange feeling. I was over Kellin, but at the same time this was all so overwhelming. Thankfully the kiss was quick before they hugged each other. I just couldn't look away as Kellin turned his head, resting the side on Oliver's shoulder, but then he spotted me and his eyes went wide.