6

"Kellin, talk to me," Leo said. He was knelt next to me, being every bit the kind and caring person that I would expect Vic to be with.

"I'm fine," I gasped, "I'm okay. I just...I need to go home."

I breathed in deeply, ignoring the pain. I'd be okay. I just needed to walk home and lay down.

"You can't go home like this," he said.

"I can. I'll be fine," I said. I just had to push myself up from the ground, but I only got as far as standing on my knees. This was humiliating and terrifying at the same time. I couldn't let anyone know what happened yesterday. I didn't want Oliver to get into trouble and I didn't want him to be mad at me.

"Kellin?" it was Vic's voice his time, "What happened?"

"I don't know. He just collapsed," Leo said. I looked at the both of them. They were on either side of me now.

"I just want to go home. I'm fine," I said. I reached out for the table and pulled myself up. Vic was quick to put his arm around me the second I showed a sign of falling again.

"You aren't fine. We're taking you to the campus medical center," Vic said. I wanted to argue more but deep down I knew I needed help, so I nodded slowly.

"Okay," I agreed.

"Okay. Leo, can you grab his bag?" Vic asked. Leo nodded quickly and took it off my shoulder. I leant against Vic and we walked through the library. Quite a few people were watching us. This was embarrassing. I'm used to dealing with my injuries by myself in the comfort of my own home, but now all eyes were on me.

"What's wrong, Kellin?" Vic asked.

"Save the interrogation," I said. The last thing I wanted to do was focus on lying.

"Where does it hurt?" he asked.

"Let's just focus on getting him to the campus doctor," Leo thankfully interrupted, and nothing else was said.

The walk to the medical center seemed to go on forever. I was trying to concentrate on not passing out. The pain was unbearable, but I just had to hang on until we got there. Look at me, having to rely on Vic to help me, just like in high school. I was pathetic. I couldn't do anything for myself and I hated that sometimes.

"We're here," Vic said and pushed the door open. Like most medical places, it was white and had that sterile smell. It was quiet and no one else was in here except for a lady sitting at a desk. Nurse or secretary? I had no idea.

"Can we get a little help here?" Leo asked. Being the son of the Dean it was no surprise that he held and air of confidence around here. The lady looked up seemingly recognizing Leo, then she looked at me.

"What's the problem?" The lady asked. All three of them were now looking at me. I was feeling the pressure.

"My, uh, my ribs," I said vaguely.

"Okay, come through," the plump lady said and stood up. She gestured for us to follow, so we made our way through a corridor and into another room. It was fairly spacious with a few hospital beds. I guess the only action this place would see is drunken frat boys and sorority girls every time there's a party.

"Take a seat here and I'll get Doctor Watts," the lady said, patting one of the beds. Vic helped me up on the bed then stepped away. I missed the warmth immediately. Luckily the doctor walked in moments later, saving me from Vic's questions. I didn't want to lie to him. 1

"Hi, I'm Doctor Watts, what seems to be the problem here?" the doctor asked. Looking at him I saw he was young, built and seemed to have a friendly vibe about him.