21

"Shut up," I mumbled and wriggled restlessly against Vic's warm body. I wasn't sure why I just said 'shut up'. Something had disturbed me from my sleep. Vic and I made up the couch like a little bed for us because it didn't seem right to sleep in Oliver's bed. It was wrong to even be doing this here, but love knows no bounds.

I figured out what had woken me when I heard a ringing sound. It wasn't my phone. Vic was the only loser around here who still had the default ring tone set on his mobile.

"Ignore it," I groaned. I turned so I was facing him and slid my arm around his waist. He held me back, loosely draping his arm over me; his fingers drawing shapes on my back.

"I love you," he whispered. I smiled lightly.

"I love you too," I said.

The phone stopped ringing and I relaxed next to him. He was so warm and cuddly. I could do this forever. I nuzzled my nose against his neck and tried to get back to sleep. It was easier said than done though when his phone rang again.

"God damn it," he sighed.

Ge reached across from me to the coffee table where his phone was and picked it up.

"Hello?" he said, sounding annoyed.

I looked at him, wondering who was calling at the hour. I sat up, pushing me off him a little.

"Mike? What's wrong?" he asked. This better be worth waking us up so early.

"What, no way, seriously?" he sounded excited, "which hospital?"

That got my attention. I sat up too and looked at him in the dull glow of the phone. He was smiling and I was too tired to figure out why.

"I'll be there soon," he said and then hung up.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Tay's gone into labor," he told me.

"Oh," I spoke, disinterested, "Fun for her. Let's sleep." I dropped back to the couch again and closed my eyes.

"No, come on. We're going," he said defiantly, but I pulled him back down to me.

"Why? It's so comfy here," I said. I crawled on top of him and stayed there so he couldn't escape.

"I'm not missing my little niece or nephew being born. Get up, you're coming with me," he said.

"But I'm tired," I pouted.

"Stop being a giant baby," he said and kissed the top of my head, "I'm going to go and get my car from home. I'll be back soon. Be ready in ten minutes."

He pushed me off of him and got up. I missed his warmth immediately. I pulled the sheets over me but it just wasn't as satisfying as having him there.

"Wait, come back," I whined and grabbed his hand.

I pulled him down to me and he didn't fight it. I sat up, pressing my lips against his.

"Hurry back," I murmured when he pulled away. He smiled and kissed my forehead before leaving.

---

We finally got to the hospital after what had to have been a two hour drive. I complained and slept most of the way. It was two in the morning when we left and by the time we got there, it was a little past four. Vic and I walked down the halls to where we were supposed to meet with Mike. We texted him earlier saying we were almost here, so he must be waiting around here somewhere. We spotted him standing over by a set of stairs.

"Hey, father to be," I got his attention. He turned to look at us.

"Kellin?" he questioned. Uh oh. He looked to Vic and I, and our hands which were firmly holding the others.