16

Vic's POV:

I handed the plumber the cash I owed him for fixing the shower in Kellin's room. After a week I had finally gotten around to it, mainly because Kellin had gotten into the habit of going to use mine and Leo's shower every time I'm home and parading around with just a towel hanging loosely around his hips. It was too distracting, so I finally got a plumber out. I had barely talked to him all week, but the looks he gave me let me know he wasn't going to give up on getting me back.

"Thanks for that. I'll call you if there are any more problems," I told the plumber. He nodded his head once as he stuffed the money into his pocket. He signed a receipt and handed it to me before leaving the bathroom. I walked back out into Kellin's room. He was lying on his stomach on the bed and flicking through one of his college text books. He looked up at me with a smile.

"Hey there," he said. I didn't know how he did it, but every time he spoke there was an edge of flirtation in his voice. I didn't know if that was his intention or if it just came naturally, or even if I was imagining it. It made things difficult for me though since a big part of me just wanted to give into him, but I couldn't; not in the predicament I was in. I didn't want to cheat again.

"Hi," I said and went towards the door to leave.

"Wait," Kellin said quickly. I faltered in my step, trying to decide on the spot whether I should stay or go. I ended up turning around in the doorway.

"Leo's downstairs," I said. He rolled his eyes and got off the bed. He smiled cheekily and came towards me. I sighed deeply. That smile just did things to me. It could light up the room and warm my heart at the same time. It was also the reason why I didn't turn and leave like I should have. Kellin's entire vibe made me want to stick around. He pushed the door closed and stood close to me.

"You haven't spoken to me in a week," he said. His eyes traveled down my body before looking back up at my eyes. He moved closer and tugged at my shirt. I put my hand over his, leaving it there.

"I know," I said apologetically.

"We should talk though," he said.

"I know," I repeated myself.

"What time do you finish teaching today?" he asked. How could he make that one simple sentence sound like the most seductive utterance I had ever heard?

"I, u-um...one o'clock," I stuttered. My heart rate was rising. This was so wrong but I still didn't want to move. He was hypnotic.

Kellin moved forward slowly, narrowly missing my lips before kissing my neck lightly. I closed my eyes, frozen in place.

"See you then," he whispered in my ear before pulling away and opening the door, walking out. I think he had class, I didn't know, but I stood there until I heard him shut the front door.

I had a nervous feeling after he left. I couldn't deny what I was feeling towards Kellin. It was strong and intense. I had been putting off making a definitive decision about what to do because I had absolutely no idea what, or who, I wanted. I knew what I had to do now though. I had to tell Leo the truth about what happened with Kellin and I.

I was scared. I felt like breaking down because I knew this would hurt Leo. I didn't want to hurt him, but what else could I do? He deserved to know the truth. I stayed in Kellin's room for a few minutes longer to collect my thoughts. Was I really going to do this? Was I about to end this relationship which had been such a big part of my life? I had to, so I left Kellin's room and went downstairs. Leo wasn't in the living room where I left him. I went through to the kitchen and there he was, leaning against the counter, writing something on a piece of paper. When I walked closer I saw it was a shopping list. Leo and I, without fail, did the shopping together every week. Seeing him write the list was just a little reminder that I'd be leaving so much behind if I left him.