19

When I woke up in Oliver's apartment the next morning I felt a sense of emptiness, like being here was wrong. Yesterday I was okay. I had been in survival mode and was just happy to have a roof over my head for the night. Now I felt like being here wasn't the right decision. Then again, nothing felt right without Vic. I knew in my heart I should be with him, but sometimes things don't work out.

"Oh hey, I didn't mean to wake you," Oliver said. He was up early getting ready to leave for tour.

"No, it's okay," I said, sitting up. I rubbed my tired eyes and looked at him. He was dragging a suitcase out of his bedroom.

"Sorry I can't stay and spend more time with you, but I really need to go," he said.

"That's okay. You go and have fun," I told him. I found myself wanting to get rid of him. That's not what a relationship should be. My mind was a lot clearer this morning. I was supposed to hate Oliver. He abused me, and before yesterday I still completely hated him. Sure, he was being nice right now but could I excuse everything he did? I suddenly knew how Vic felt with having to stay with Leo because he didn't have anywhere else to go. Maybe I had been a little hard on Vic when he couldn't make up his mind. I still didn't know what that boy wanted anymore.

"Thanks, love. I'll see you in a couple of weeks," he said and kissed me quickly on the lips. I was now contemplating breaking up with him. I couldn't lead him on. The thought of being on my own though terrified me. I don't think I did 'alone' very well.

"Okay, see you then," I said. Yes, I chickened out. I didn't want to ruin his tour. When he gets back though, I'd go through with it. This relationship isn't healthy for either of us. Right now though, I was focused on calling Vic, so the second Oliver left the apartment I grabbed my phone and went to his number.

Vic's POV:

I couldn't believe Leo did this. I was set on picking Kellin up from the hospital. I had been looking forward to it. I think my eagerness had alerted me to the fact that my feelings for him were a lot stronger than I initially thought. Everything was just such a mess now. Leo was mad at me for letting Kellin, who he thinks is dangerous, into our lives. It was probably stupid of me to do that in the first place. I knew in the back of my mind that things would blow up eventually, and they did.

I understood that Kellin wasn't in his right mind. It had almost gotten to the point where I didn't like him because of how he had been acting. I hated that I didn't notice sooner that something was wrong. I vowed to myself that I would never let something like his mental stability get overlooked again. The problem though? He was suddenly taken from me so I couldn't look out for him. Leo went behind my back and made Kellin leave. We had a huge argument about it last night which resulted in me storming out of the house.

I ended up at Rocket Café in the hopes that Kellin had gone there. He hadn't. I called Mike and Tay to see if they had heard from him, but they hadn't. I knew deep down that he had gone back to Oliver and that killed me. I didn't want him to get hurt. I just wanted to go to Oliver's apartment, get Kellin, and keep him with me where he couldn't get hurt. I couldn't just go and do that though. If I showed up and Oliver saw me then he might have gotten mad at Kellin and hurt him. I didn't know what I was going to do. All I knew was that I was going crazy without Kellin here under my watchful eye.

My phone rang and I practically fell off the couch I was sitting on to pick it up from the coffee table. I had been getting ready for work, just slipping on my shoes when the call came. I looked at my phone and saw Kellin's name on the screen. My heart leapt into my throat. When I tried calling him a dozen times last night he didn't answer and I had been worried sick ever since. I pressed answer quickly and put the phone to my ear.