Chapter 1: Four Years Old

Michele's my name, I'm a girl, born in the year 2000 and nothing that much happened to my family but all I hear from my bedroom is just shouts and loud noises. I think its just the TV show mom and dad are watching but they told me not to go out of the room so I did what they told me too. This happens every night so I just get bored and it always ends after 1 hour of that TV show or something. My mom always go inside my room after that daily routine or TV show they have every night. I see mom having scratches and sometimes bruises but I don't really know what happen so I don't really care. All I want is a happy family and for my mom and dad to just be in the house with me. Every night, mom just hugs me and sometimes I can hear her cry and sometimes she even cries. She says "hope this'll end and hope you'll understand". I don't really know what she's saying because I just stay in my room.

As time goes by, Christmas time, the loud noise my mom and dad makes does not get softer as I wanted to expect but I can hear noises banging the table. December 25, 2004 my Christmas gift was nothing but the Christmas gift that I want is my curiosity's answer with that loud noise everyday. In that night, I decided to go out of my room and while walking, I heard a slap and my reaction is to run fast to the slap sound. As I arrived to where the noise lead me to, I saw mom lying on the floor with a red mark on her face. My dad had this anger look on his face and he saw me. By the time he saw me, his face from anger it became shocked because he saw me and I saw mom lying on the floor. My dad grabbed my hand then threw me in my bedroom then he shouted "you disobeyed my ruled, as a punishment I'll lock the door so you won't get out". I became upset then I cried covering my face with my pillow then slept.

After what he said, everyday he just locked the door and loud noises just became louder and more scary since I now know that shout of my dad. All I hear is my mom's voice "MONEY! MONEY! MONEY!" and then I covered my ears because my mom is now involving into the shouting as well and now its not just dad. As the time goes by, my mommy and daddy now forgot its my birthday and I now turned five years old. I tried to tell dad and mom its my birthday but they just let me go into my room. I heard the shoutings and I can't get used to them anymore so I cried as loud as I can and I heard from my dad "SHUT UP!". I cried even louder then I shouted "ITS MY BIRTHDAY!" then the shouting and loud noises stopped but I still continued to cry then my bedroom door opened and it was my mom. She hugged me tightly and she said "daddy's going to work, he's just going make money for us so that you can be happy". I then became even lonelier because I just don't want mommy to be here with me but to be with daddy as well.