Chapter 2.

"His girlfriend said someone may have slipped something in his drink"I tell him, crossing and uncrossing my ankles, my hands fiddling in my lap. He writes that down.

"I'm not surprised, that area is full of druggies. Especially that bar"he tells me. It was like he was ashamed that I went to that bar, I didn't pick it for crying out loud. "Was that all?" He asks, looking up at me quickly.

"Like I said, that's all she told me and then I just did my job"

"Off clock work"he reminds me.

"I saved someone alright, and I don't appreciate the attitude. Your taking witness statements of someone who's still alive rather then dead"I snap. He looks up at me, raising his eyebrows. I wasn't about to back down to him, I have several family members fighting in a war, he is not intimidating what so ever.

Before Officer arrogant could say anything his co worker says that he's finished getting the statements "I guess your free to go home now" he says. I try not to roll my eyes as I get up and walk towards my friends. I lean on Amelia, exhausted.

"If you two so help me god ramble about how hot that cop was just remember he was the arrogant cop I was talking about earlier this week"I remind my friends.

"We weren't gonna day anything"Kayle smiles. I hum and the two girls laugh.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I step out of the hospital, my eyes narrow as two cops approach the building "you know I think it's some kind of given sign that we keep meeting like this"one of the officers say, I tilt my head. He pulls off his aviators and I sigh.

"Go in, I'll be in in a second" he tells his co worker and he nods give me a head nod before walking past me.

"What do you want? I just got off my twelve our shift"

"I didn't say anything"he smirks, crossing his arms.

"Then why tell your co worker to leave"I raise an eyebrow. He sighs.

"Look, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for being such an ass" I give him a confused look. "I'm a little bit hard headed when I'm working"

"A little?"

"I'm sorry Alright, I'm not usually like that"

"I don't believe you and if you'll excuse me I'd like to go home and sleep" I tell him.

"Okay but I really am sorry Miss Griffin"I immediately cringe.

"It's Julie"I tell him with a sigh and he smiles, suddenly he sticks out his hand.

"Leo" I reluctantly shake his hand. "See now we're on first name bases"

"Alright I'm going home"

"How about a cup of coffee first"

I stifle a laugh "I want to sleep not stay awake"

"Okay how about you get tea and I get coffee" he suggests. "I can even drive you home myself"

"It's like you know I took an Uber here"

"You just seemed to lazy to drive"

"And how would you know that?" I ask.

"I'm a cop, I'm very observant. So?" He asks.

"Your not gonna take no for an answer are you?" I ask him. He shakes his head "what about your co worker?" I ask him.

"We were just seeing our friend, you know the one that got hurt during the riot last week?" I nod. He was still at the hospital until tomorrow.

"And your not actually working?"