Chapter 11

I was awoken but a massive and consistent bang on our front door, it made me jump awake but by the first bang Leo was up immediately.

"Leo"I mumble, he doesn't say a word but gets out of bed and exits my room. I sigh and push the covers off of me and follow him.

"Get your ass here now"I hear Leo say into his phone, most likely to Finley. The lights in the apartment were on and I look at the clock on the wall in the living room three am, is he joking right now.

Amelia was already in the hall when I got out "Julie take Amelia back to her room, I don't want him to see either of you"Leo demands. I nod.

I didn't want to protest, he was in full cop mode right now.

"Be careful"I tell him, he nods. I guide Amelia back to her room and close the door behind me. Considering she didn't have a lock I put her desk chair underneath the door just in case.

"You alright?" I ask my best friend. She was pacing "Mia?"

"Hmm? Yea I'm uh okay"

"Hey look at me alright, it's fine. Finley's on his way up. Those two can handle it" I assure her she nods. The two of us stay quiet as we listen to the yelling in the other room.

"I wanna see my daughter!" I hear Amelia's dad yell.

"Sir I can't let you do that"I hear Leo say.

"Now if you'd come with me I  just wanna talk" I hear Finley say.

"I don't want to go anywhere but see my daughter"

"I'm sorry sir, I can't let you do that"My boyfriend says and soon loud movement happens outside. A knock came from Amelia's door which made us both jump.

"Jules, it's me"Leo says. I remove the chair and open the door. Leo wraps an arm around me quickly. "You two okay?" He asks us, mostly looking at Amelia. We both nod.

"What happened?" I ask him.

"He assaulted a police officer"Leo says, my head snaps towards him to see him moving his jaw around "Finley took him to the station, seeing as that douche sacked me I've gotta go give a statement but I wanted to make sure you two were okay"

"We're okay"I nod.

"I'm sorry about him"Amelia sighs.

"Don't be sorry, I had a bad feeling he would've shown up again when Julie told me at the dinner. I'm just glad I stayed because I knew you two would've been a mess" My boyfriend says.

"I really appreciate it Leo, really"Amelia sighs.

"You can always trust Fin and I"He smiles at her. "You two should go back to bed, I'll be back soon"

"There's an ice pack in the freezer you can use, don't let that swell"I tell him. He chuckles.

"Okay"he places a kiss on my cheek quickly.

"Are you okay sleeping alone?" I ask my best friend. She nods. "Okay if not just tell me, but I'm gonna go back to bed now"I announce. The two both nod. I kiss Leo quickly before he lets me pass him.

"Leo actually can we talk really quickly?" Amelia asks.

"Should I be here for emotional support?" I ask my best friend. She shakes her head.

"Go back to bed beautiful"Leo smiles at me softly "I've got this" I nod.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
"What's got you yawning?" Mary asks.

"I was just up really early this morning that's all"I tell her.