Chapter 8

"And you wanna know what she did?" Cooper says.

"Shut up!" I say at him.

"She punched him, got suspended for two days while the dude got five and our dad took her out for ice cream when he picked her up"

"Really?" Leo looks down at me. I shrug.

"He tried to look up my skirt and I sucker punched him"

"There a very high perks of having most of your family in the military" Isaiah says from across me.

"And there are very high cons"Mom says without thinking. I look over at her and then Isaiah. The dinning room got quiet before mom cleared her throat "well who's ready for some dessert?" She asks.

"I'll help clean up"Jane smiles at my mother.

"I'll help too"I say getting up. I squeeze Leo's shoulder and he throws me a smile before I help clean the plates up.

"Well I think it's save to say that your brothers like Leo"Jane nudges me as we put the plates in the sink. I chuckle. I bring out the plates, while mom gets the cheesecake and Jane gets the coffee.

"Well Leo, Julie? Have any plans for New Years Eve?" Jane asks when we were all seated again.

"I work New Years Eve actually"Leo says as I cross my legs.

"Well I'd hate to have your job on New Year's Eve" Isaiah chuckles.

"Yea, it's my first year working New Year's Eve, so we'll see what happens" he shrugs.

"What about you Jules?" Cooper asks.

"Amelia and I aren't working so probably stay in and sleep"my family chuckles.

That wasn't the plan, Amelia and I were actually going to Times Square to watch the ball drop and stay where Leo was stationed all night, so technically we were spending our New Years together anyways. At least Amelia wouldn't be alone cause Finley would be working near Leo.

The two got along quite well, Leo and I have made a bet to see if they kiss on New Year's Eve.

"Uh well, I gotta confess something"Isaiah says. My eyes look up at him. "I'm being deployed again" my heart stops.

"Where?" I ask.

"I don't know yet, but I leave at least a week after New Year's"he tells me. I nod slowly.

"I need some air"I say getting up abruptly.

"Jules"Isaiah says.

"I-I just" I mumble and walk out of the dinning room.

"Julie"I hear and turn around to see Leo walking over to me, I shake my head before he wraps his arms around me. I let out a shaky sigh. "Look I get it alright, your scared and your still scared for your brother but when has he never came home?"

"You say that now but my dad said the same thing"I mumble. Leo doesn't say anything but tighten his arms around me.
~~~~~~~~~~
"Hey Finn" I say as I open the door for him.

"Hey Jules, you guys ready?" He asks shutting the door behind him.

"Amelia!"I yell as I grab my thicker winter jacket. 

"Coming!"I hear her yell.

"So tell me, how cold is it?" I ask Finn.

"Cold"

"Well looks like I'm grabbing some hats and gloves"He nods with a smile. Amelia comes out and I throw her a beanie and gloves before she shut the lights and we walked out.