Chapter 6.

"Well I'd be surprised that this apartment is actually clean"I say as I turn around in the middle of Isaiah's apartment.

"Yea well, sorry to disappoint Jules"he smiles coming back into the main area.

"So have you finally gotten use to sleeping on a comfortable bed?" I ask my brother as he shrugs on his winter coat. The snow had come down harder and the weather began to drop.

"Yea, on some nights"he nods as I close the door behind us, he locks it up. "It's hard but manageable"

"At least I don't have to listen to your cries at night" I tease, he rolls his eyes.

"You have your own kind of PTSD" I give him a look.

"Cooper told me he even had some nightmares after the Hudson River bodies showed up"I nod slowly.

"Its a homicide, I'm not surprised"

"Speaking of the case, has Leo found anything?" He asks. Isaiah had met Leo once or twice, the two exchanging a quick conversation before Leo had to leave.

"No. And he's not doing okay"

"Well dealing with your first huge case and it's two homicides isn't the greatest thing in the world"he says as we step out into the cold streets. I immediately stuff my hands into my coat pocket. Thankfully I remembered my hat today. 

"I'm just worried that's all"

"And all you ever do is worry Jules, you worry about me, mom, everyone"

"How can I not? Everyone in my family is in the military"

"except Cooper"

"I still worry you know"

"And that's why you make a great nurse" he tells me. "But it isn't your job to worry"

"I'm a nurse for a reason Isaiah. I worry to much about others and not worry about myself and that's why I'm a great nurse" I tell him.

"Are we seriously having a debate on why your a great nurse because we all know you were the debate queen in school"

"We were never to discuss that, are you even my brother?"his laugh allows a huge frosty air into the city.

The fact we were walking to get lunch was such an east coaster thing, we didn't care about the weather.

"Do you want the DNA results again?" He jokes. I roll my eyes at him. We converse the rest of the way to the cafe we were going to eat in. Isaiah holds out the door for me allowing me to get the first waft of warm air.

I had ordered a caesar salad and tomato soup, he ordered a sandwich and tomato soup.

"I had a long conversation with one of my buddies while he deployed. He said he hated tomato soup and most people"

"How can you hate tomato soup" he shrugs.

"Apparently they haven't had the good kind"

"Apparently not"I scoff.

"I told him that my sister makes a mean tomato soup"I laugh.

"And?" I challenge him.

"He'd love to have some made by you"

"Well where does he live? If he lives far he should come to visit"I say. My brother immediately shakes his head.

"Texas, and he can't"

"Why?"

"He's been injured"I slowly nod.

I realize that that's the reality of his job and I will never get use to it.