Chapter 28.

Ten Years Later.
Nellie's POV

"How you doing Mr Landry?" I smile as I shift on my legs, my hands secured in my private school uniform blazer.

"I'm doing just fine sweetheart, how are you doing?" He smiles as he gets my hot dogs ready.

"Doin just dandy now that I'm about to have one of your famous hot dogs" I smile up at him, the sunlight shinning brightly down at me. 

"you and your brother are the only private school kids I know that love my hot dogs"

"How could you not?" I joke "the best in New York!" I say enthusiastically.

"Your father tell you to say that?" He chuckles, I lift a shoulder as he hands me the two hot dogs and I pay him the usual, of course not forgetting to tip him.

"Thank you Mr Landry" I smile at him.

"Always a pleasure Nellie" he smiles at me.

"See you tomorrow!" I wave at him as I begin my walk back to school. He waves back. I cross the road before finding JJ leaning on the elementary school building.

"You're welcome" I grumble jokingly.

"You say it likes it a chore Nells" JJ says with a smile. I ruffle the eight year olds hair.

"Yea whatever" I chuckle, "are you good? I'm gonna head to the library" i tell him.

"I'm obviously good Nells, you don't have to worry" JJ rolls his eyes.

"Jeez, just making sure" I mumble with a smile as I pass him "I'll see you at the bell" I call over my shoulder and he holds up an ok. I finished my hot dog as I entered the school and bee lined towards the closet girls bathroom, of course I didn't want anyone to see me like this because god knows how picky private school girls are.

"Of course you'd be in here" Bella enters the girls bathroom as I was washing my hands, Witney followed behind Bella with Court.

"Of course, where else would I be?"

"Standing at the side of the building with JJ still" Courtney chuckles, I shrug and dry my hands.

"How was Mr Landry?" Witney asks. I nod. We all exit the girls bathroom.

"So hmm I was thinking Nells that we could suggest the idea of making posters for the rally on Thursday" Courtney asks "you know, at tonight's student council meeting"

"Yea, I'm sure I could ask Kristen" I nod at Courtney.

"I think this years rally is gonna be awesome!" Bella says excitedly. I chuckle.

"You say that every year Bell, it's getting old" Witney points out as we stop at her locker.

"But I can just feel it" Bella says with a large smile.

"That's cause your pep is equivalent to the peppiest cheerleader ever" I point out with a chuckle. Bella rolls her eyes as my phone rings. Pulling it out of my blazer I see it was dad, odd he never called me during school/work hours unless it was important.