Chapter 5.

Amelia and I had taken our Nclex exam almost two days ago, and to say we were nervous was an understatement. Amelia and I were shitting bricks.

"Stop pacing Mia, your making me dizzy" I groan.

"You can't even see me"she snaps.

"Okay ladies let's just breath"

"I like you Leo, but shut up"I hear my best friend say. I open my eyes and look up at Leo, I had my head on his lap, cradling my headache. I slowly sit up.

"He's right, we've gotta chill"I tell her as I watch her sit by the coffee table, in front of her open laptop.

"How can I be chill Julie when our life depends on one simple fucking email"she rubs her forehead.

"Your worries if you don't pass, you Father will drag you back to California aren't you?" I ask. She looks at me but doesn't say anything.

Our laptops ding, indicating a new email.

I stare it "Julie"I hear Amelia say. I slowly slide down to the floor. I look at my best friend.

"Together?" I ask. She nods and I reach over and grab her hand. I feel Leo squeeze my shoulder. "It's time we prove your father wrong"I tell her and gives me a forced smile.

I look back at my laptop and sigh, before clicking on it.

I couldn't even process what was happening before Amelia let out a squeal and Leo pressed a kiss to the side of my head. Amelia shakes my arm.

"We're fucking nurses bitch!" She yells and I laugh as I pull her into a hug. I turn around and Leo kisses me.

"Congrats you two"he smiles at Amelia and I "even though I knew you guys would've passed" he says before he kisses my cheek.

"I'm gonna go call my dad"Amelia stands up.

"I thought you two weren't talking"

"Oh yea, he sends me to voicemail but I'm going to go leave him a lengthy voicemail"she winks at me and I laugh.

"Well I'm calling a celebratory pizza"Leo says as I sit back on the couch, he leans and kisses the side of my head "I'm very proud of you"he beams down at me.

"Thanks"I let out a long sigh.

"You should call your mom and brother"

"I'll call them lately so I need to like breath or something"he chuckles and kisses my forehead.

"So suck on that dad! Take me off the will! I don't need you! Peace out!" I hear Amelia yell, Leo and I look at each other and laugh.

Amelia comes back into the living room, skipping. I raise my eyebrows at her "I can see that went well"

"It went hella well"She dramatically sighs and lands on the armchair to my left.

"Well, I guess your in for some pizza aren't you?" Leo asks.

"Order that shit pretty boy"I laugh.

"It's almost like your already drunk" I chuckle at my best friend.

"Hey, I'm on cloud nine"she shrugs "tell Colleen and Isaiah yet?" I shake my head.

"Not yet, wanted to continue breathing"she nods.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"There's still a bit of cake in the break room Camille"I tell her as I pass her coming out of my patients room.

"Thanks and congratulations again"She smiles at me.

"Thanks"I smile back. I was in the midst of my shift when Erica told me I could take my break. I nod and hand off my files for her to give to someone else.