Chapter 26.

The next morning I woke up to a dark room, Leo's bedroom door left ajar. Nellie was still fast asleep beside me but as for my boyfriend he was gone. Carefully and slowly I roll out of bed making sure to put the covers on Nellie again.

As I tip toed out of the bedroom I could hear someone talking and considering Finley left this morning for California I could only assume it was my boyfriend.

As I rounded the corner and looked around I found him on their small balcony. He indeed was on the phone.

"Chief I'm fine to come in tomorrow" I hear Leo say as I lean on the wall beside the window, not caring to hide myself.

"Your family needs you son, be with them. I know those two mean a lot to you and last night you possibly could've lost them" I hear Chief Jameson say.

"More like they could've lost me" Leo mumbles.

"Exactly" The chief points out. "You are to stay home, three days tops"

"But sir" Leo begins.

"That is in order" Chief Jameson demands. Leo sighs.

"Okay" he agrees before they say a quick hello. I sit on the ledge of the balcony.

"Everything okay?" I ask my boyfriend timidly. He looks back at me shocked for a second before composing himself and shoving his phone into his jeans pocket.

"Yea I'm okay" he nods, I tilt my head at him. He leans back on the wall before turning on his side.

"How are you feeling?" He asks cupping my cheek and stroking it. He peers down at my neck quickly.

"Sore" I sigh feeling pain from my neck. He gives me a soft smile. "Nellie's still asleep" I whisper as I pull my legs through and sit on the window sill.

I move a bit so he could at least sit on the sill with me a bit. He stayed on the edge of the sill. I lay my head on his shoulder as I watch him play with our hands.

"I'm sorry Julie" he sighs "I don't know how he knew where we were, maybe he followed me. I should've known" he groans with a sigh "he came into your parents house and assaulted you"

I lift my head up "hey, don't hate yourself for this" I mutter.

"He put his hands on you, he strangled you" Leo shakes his head. Leo leans back a bit putting his arm around me on the sill.

"I'm fine" I assure him.

"You wouldn't have to assure me if he hadn't just followed protocol" Leo says angrily.

"Leo, we're fine. We're all fine. You did your job"

"I was unarmed" He barks out.

"He's dead" I snap quickly. "You don't have to worry anymore" I say more softly.

I watch as Leo rubs his forehead "your right" he sighs "no point in dwelling in the past when the present is where I'm lucky" he says.

I lean up and kiss his cheek "good, did you have breakfast?" I question, he shakes his head.

"Come on, I'll make some breakfast" Leo says standing up. I slide myself back into the apartment and Leo follows me.

Leo pulls me into his chest, his arms wrapping around my body, he kisses my bruising neck.

Hank's hands had been gripped around my neck so tightly it happened to leave a sad bruise on my neck.

"You sure your okay beautiful?" He asks once again as I walk us to the kitchen.