Chapter 17.

"When was the last time the two of us had the day off together?" Amelia asks as we walk out of the elevator.

"Honestly I was asking myself the same thing when I was getting ready, maybe before we passed our exam?" I ask.

"Probably"she nods agreeing. I whistle for a cab. We were going to go pick up Nellie seeing as both Finley and Leo are working, they have another hard case so I thought I'd help. We were planning to do a girls day with shopping and then end it with dinner and a play.

Amelia and I made some small and light conversation while we rode towards Leo's apartment. Once we got there I let myself in.

"Honey! We're home!" Amelia yells inside the buzzing apartment as a joke. Finley was closest to us, he was strapping on his belt.

"Leo's trying to get Nellie to settle down. I may or may not have feed her sugary cereal"He jokes.

"Only you"Amelia chuckles as running feet come into the main area of the apartment.

"Julie!" Nellie shouts. I smile as I pick her up and she hugs me. "Hi Mia!" She waves back at Amelia and I smile.

"Hey"Leo sighs as he walks over to me. I smile as we kiss quickly "now you behave for Julie and Mia okay?" Leo says to Nellie and she nods as she wraps her arms around my neck.

"I will"She promises.

"I'll pick her up when I can" Leo turns to me.

"Of course, just let me know. If anything I come back to your apartment and wait for you"I say. He nods and kisses my forehead.

"I'll text you"

"You boys gonna investigate a M.U.R.D.E.R?" Amelia spells out.

"Classified"Leo jokes.

"Your job is so boring"Amelia whines as Leo slips on Nellie's shoes. "Everything is classified for you guys"

"Isn't it illegal to give out patients information as well?" Finley asks, eating a bagel.

"Shut it O'Connor"Amelia snaps. He laughs.

"Okay well, we're gonna head out. Time to go shopping"I announce "you ready?"

"Shopping!" Nellie smiles.

"See ya"I smile at Leo.

"Bye beautiful"He smiles before kissing me.

"Ew!" Everyone in the apartment yells.

"Okay! Jeez!"Leo laughs and Nellie waves at Finley and hugs Leo quickly before we leave.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Are you sure you won't be too cold for ice cream?" I ask Nellie as we exit the sushi restaurant.

"No, not too cold"Nellie smiles as she puts her hand in mine.

"Okay if you say so" I chuckle as Amelia steps up beside me. The streets of New York became much busier as the work day started to come to an end. I had yet to receive a text from Leo but I can only assume that he was having a tough day at work especially since he's taking on a new case.

"What ice cream place?" I look over at my best friend as we waited for the cross walk. People brushed past us and I got worried that I would loose Nellie so I decided to pick her up and place her on my hip.

"Nells have you ever been to Cookie DŌ?" Amelia asks, without looking up from her phone.

"No"Nellie says wrapping her arms around me.

"Well you are in for a treat"I smile at her.

"Yay!" She squeals.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After a successful day in New York, we dropped our shopping bags at our apartment and headed back to Leo and Finley's considering we still haven't heard from them.