Chapter 27.

"Are you sure you should even be here?" Camille questions me as I slip a clip into the holder as we pass a door.

"Yes? Why wouldn't I be? I'm on the schedule" I chuckle.

"Because honey, even in the ER cannot help but look at the neck of yours, even some of the patients"

"Camille, I'm fine" I give her a small smile.

She sighs "okay" she nods and glances at me once over.

"And could you please stop starring?" I chuckle.

"It's the huge elephant in the room" She jokes.

"Yea well do me a favour and make it smaller?" I say as I walk forward, turning to walk backwards as I stretch my arms out. She chuckles and shakes her head. "I'm on break" I remind her. She nods and shoots me away.

I clasp onto a chair in the break room, I was still feeling under the weather after everything, even Leo wondered why I was heading into work so early after the incident.

My shift had ended after long hours and I stumbled into my apartment, a wave of exhaustion hitting me, and a physical body hitting me as well.

"Thank god your okay" The voice sighs and I realize the familiarity.

"Isaiah?" I mumble against his shoulder.

Isaiah pulls back and grips my shoulders gently, eyeing me up and down quickly. I stare up at him in shock "I thought you were deployed? I what?"

He cups my cheeks and I stumble forward "I was, I'm on medical leave" He tells me and kisses my forehead quickly.

My eyes widen "medical leave?" I ask, worried.

"I'm fine, not my medical" He begins. I sigh and roll my eyes.

"My medical, got it" I nod slowly and bypass him to place my bag on the table.

"I hope you've been caught up to date with everything" I ask my brother.

"I am, Liz and mom caught me up on everything"

"She's nice, I like her" I blurt out.

"Who?" Isaiah asks locking my apartment door properly.

"Liz, I approve I just don't appreciate how you sprung it upon us" I roll my eyes, Isaiah chuckles.

"I hope you didn't be so harsh towards her" He says raising his eyebrows.

I shrug nonchalantly "she handled it well"

"Julie" Isaiah sighs. I smile as I lean back on the table.

"How long are you here for?"

"Five days, then I'm heading back" he responds. I nod. "Go shower and sleep. I just wanted to be here when you got home to make sure. I'll see you tomorrow" he squeezes my arm with a smile. I nod.

Popping open my car door I can hear Nellie tipping off her seatbelt immediately, I open her door for her and she jumps out flying into the outstretched arms of Finley.

Him, Amelia and Chris had landed back in New York just a few hours ago, Finley makes an 'hmph' noise as he catches Nellie in his arms.

"Hey" I smile at my best friend as I walk up the stairs to the house. She smiles at me as I hug her quickly. She looked exhausted, I had know doubt she wasn't.

"Come on in, I have goods on the table" Mom smiles as she reaches for Nellie's hand and guides her inside the house. Chris throws his arm around Amelia and guides her inside.