Chapter 25.

"You feeling hungry?" Leo asks me through the silence of our embrace. He had wrapped me up in his arms after my bath and handed me some of his clothes to change into. Not long after he pulled me into bed with him.

Surprised, he was still in his police uniform but just disregarded his belt.

I sigh "yea I guess" he rubs my shoulder and kisses the top of my head.

"I may not be a whiz in the kitchen but I can surely copy your baked potato soup" Leo teases, I roll my eyes.

"Sounds good to me" I mutter.

"And your lucky because I bought French bread" he says as he detached himself from me. I watch as he pulls the big white blanket over to me, stopping when it gets to my chin.

He smiles at me softly and leans over, kissing my forehead. I listen to his footsteps retreating. I snuggle further into his bed starring out large window surprisingly for his room. The New York sky was clear, not a single cloud in the sky. I could see over some buildings and others blocked my view.

I don't know how long I had been starring out the window until Leo came in with even a voice that always made me smile.

I turn in bed and Nellie quickly climbs up "hi Julie!" She smiles climbing up to me. I smile.

"Hi pretty girl" I say as I sit up and lean on the headboard, she snuggles into my side as Leo takes the time to settle back down on my other side. He hands me my soup and bread.

"How was school?" I ask Julie. Nellie stares at me before Leo brushes in.

"Tell her what you did in art class" Leo smirks. I raise my eyebrows at her.

She goes on to explain what she had made in art class which ended up being a terrible glitter explosion. I laugh.

"That would explain all the extra glitter left in your hair" I chuckle and try to brush off the glitter left on her head.

"Speaking off, Nells go take a shower or bath please before I have to clean the whole apartment with your pixie fairy dust" Leo jokes. Nellie pouts "now pumpkin" Leo chuckles. She sighs dramatically and falls onto the bed before rolling off and making her way to the hallway bathroom.

"I gotta make a call, you okay?" Leo asks grabbing his phone off the nightstand.

"I'm fine Leo" I nod. He gives me a tight smile before kissing my cheek and dialling someone on his phone as he exits the bedroom.

Nellie soon joined me back in the bedroom after we both finished what we were acquired to do.

We settled into the bed together turning on a Netflix kid show for us.

"Are you feeling better?" Nellie asks me.

"Feeling better?" I question her looking down a bit. She looks up at me.

"Daddy said you were feeling sick when I came home with Uncle Fin" Nellie says. I smile down at her as I pull her closer to me.

"I'm doing much better, now that your here" I smile and nudge her, she giggles.

"Did your uncle leave?" I ask her. She nods.

"Said something about Aunt Amelia" she smirks wiggling her eyebrows. I laugh.

She was so carefree and Finley didn't even tell Nellie about his situation with Amelia. I mean Leo didn't tell Nellie about her father either so.

Leo comes in his phone pressed tightly against his ear as he walks into his closet.