03.

"I'm taking you under my wing, I mean it's a godsend for your crazy ass to get stuck with me as a roomie." Ashly proclaimed proudly.

Rome sat on the full bed opposite from Ashly's own. "Uh huh... Yeah no. Your brother already wanted my ass on a silver plater. Quite literally I assume, I don't need to get his kittens Innards splattered against the walls of his workplace. Let me do my crazy shit by my lonely, adventure boy bae."

Ashly rolled his eyes, "like I said I've been here bef-"

"And something pushed you to want to leave. I don't wan to leave, oh fuck! Would you lookie lookie? Ehhhh You're already disqualified. Total bummer summer Brodie." Rome laughed mimicking a wrong answer buzzer.

Because their group had got in so late they were shown straight to their rooms. They had 7 days worth of random full color shirts and black jeans. Their parents were responsible for shipping the rest of their clothing if they chose too. Rome had no doubt his dad would, he'd want to get rid of all traces of Rome. But he bet his dad'll buy a dog and name it Romeo for sure, and it'll be his soft spot.

"Since you ran away, you were obviously already here. shouldn't your shit already be here Nemo?" Rome questioned. They'd argued over calling Ashly Ashy or Nemo because of how curious he was. Finally Ashly succumbed to Nemo. Atleast he thought the fish was cute.

Ashly nodded, "yeah it is. But they gave my room up when I left. So I've got to wait til whenever they feel like returning my stuff from wherever they put it. I can only hope my brother didn't let them throw it away."

"He could throw me awa- what's his name anywho? Wilder beast warden? Fiery Frances?"

Ashly looked bored, "Ashton."

Rome thought the name was plain and boring, atleast Ashly wasn't spelled like that one girl Rome once knew. Ashley.

"Ah. When do I get to interact with those dudes from the court yard?"

Ashly frowned, "On the off chance you have courses with those 18 year olds. It'll be because your smart enough to take their courses. It's not super rare, some of the sophomores are taking senior classes."

"I thought we were the youngest group? And I'm damn sure not a sophomore" Rome snorted. He was 17, almost a senior.

Ashly nodded, "me neither, the youngest age range are the sophomores. But the youngest kids come on a different day, all the spots should be full about now honestly. And even though the school functions as a course teaching center for... dangerous youths... you have to understand this isn't some safe heaven for bad kids. I've had friends destroyed in these walls for no other reason then the entertainment of others, the prison systems, high officials, big businesses, and tax dollars fund this place for a reason. It plays off to the public as a fucked up boarding school for the worst, but in actuality we're in here fighting for our lives, murdering each Other for fun. These kids are quite literally inflicting their pain on others, and once the week is up we're on our own."

Rome's heart swelled, "on our own?"

Ashly nodded. "A distraction. A glamour. Administration doesn't give a damn if you listen to their classes, because their only here for a school week. 5 days and all hell breaks lose. Guards don't blink at a small fry being suffocated, drowned, sliced open. Because their not too authorized not to be subjected to these things themselves, only person who is safe is the guys who work in the medical room. Cause god knows we need them. A lot."

"So what's the point of the 5 days?"

"Show the public some of their tax dollars are going into the rehabilitation of the crooked and bettering society. They turn the cameras on and record for the week showing the best of the best and then they leave us to our business. I heard they used to try the whole school year round thing but the kids began attacking the staff and administrators too, they had a whole rebellion about being taught like regular kids because they really view themselves as animals.
I've seen a kid get a piece of his calf bitten off by another boy, and he swallowed it."

Rome grimaced, "I cant lie, that's fucking disgusting. But god damn is this gonna be fun! Nemo we've got 5 days to reinforce the fuck out of this room. It's gonna be epic, totally brilliant! Find us some weapo- oh shit. Your brothers a guard man see if he can get us some cool shit for the room. Im all for a party and a fight, trust but when it's time to lay down I wanna be able to do so without worry. Fuck man this is like a horror movie, god I love those."

"I always get the crazy roommates...I'm in."