Chapter 7

Let me know how this chapter is guys!

Just a picture of Matt for you guys😫

~ ~ ~

As they left, Delaney and Gabe turned to me. Gabe hadn't been talking much at first, but he smiled at me now. "You guys were great. If I didn't know, I totally would've bought it."

I smiled shyly before going upstairs to grab my purse from last night and calling Ash to tell her I was fine. "Woah, where do you think you're going?" Damon stopped me as I tried to go out the front door.

"I have to run some errands. And now I need to find a new job," I sighed worriedly. I still had to pay this month's bills for my apartment, but Matt's hospital bill was only growing.

"No you're not," Damon commanded.

"What?" I asked confused.

"You don't need a job," he announced.

"What do you mean I don't need a job! I still have bills to pay Damon."

He grunted. "For what? Look I'll give you a $50,000 every month. And then you can get the rest at the end of the year."

I swear my eyes popped out of my face. "Damon...are you sure? That is a lot of money."

He gave me a thoughtful look. "If I gave you the money. What would you do with it?"

I sighed. I didn't want to tell him about Matt yet. That was too personal. "Umm pay off some...debts. And my bills. And go to college."

He thought for a little while longer before smiling smugly at me. "Then it's done. You stay at home and sign up for an online college course and the rest of the money every month will go to pay off your debts."

I just stood there. I couldn't comprehend why he was doing so much for me. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I started crying as I lunged forward and gave him a hug. "You don't know how much this means to me."

He pulled me closer, not saying anything. It was only then that I realized Delaney and Gabe had been watching our entire confrontation. I turned to find them looking shocked.

I blushed, realizing that I was still holding onto him. "Anyways I have to go meet someone." I said, trying to discreetly slip out of his arms.

"Meet someone? I thought you were running errands." Damon gave me a wary look.

"I am," I didn't give any other explanation, but if he kept at it, I might have to. After all, he was the one paying for Matt's bills. "I'm going to the hospital."

He pulled away from me scanning my body for injuries. "What's wrong? Are you okay?"

I shifted uncomfortably. "Um yes I'm fine. I'm visiting...a friend. He's not well."