Chapter 33

He looked at me wide eyed. "Really?"

I smiled shyly at him. "I would appreciate if you gave me that kiss now. I've been waiting for a while."

He laughed and and his face dipped down to meet mine.

"No. Nuh-uh. OLIVIA LANHURST, get off my brother right now." Our mini makeout session was interrupted by none other than Laney, who had barged in here a few seconds ago.

I scrambled off Damon, and groaned in embarrassment. Damon, on the other hand, glared at her. "Get out Laney," he hissed. "Can't you see we're busy."

She shrugged. "Shut up Damon. I haven't seen her in forever. It's my turn to steal her away for a bit."

"Get your own Olivia. She's mine." Damon pulled me onto his lap, and I giggled as he stuck his tongue out at her.

She rolled her eyes and walked back to the door. "Well whatever, but just so you know, dinner at my house tonight. Everyone's coming."

Damon turned to me smiling as Laney left. "Chocolate pudding?"

I nodded excitedly. As we were eating, Damon turned to me a little seriously. "Liv...at the hospital, the doctor said you passed out from exhaustion and that you hadn't been eating or drinking enough." He waited for me to answer his unasked question expectantly.

I bit my lip, trying to figure out how to tell him. "Well, I was working two jobs, so that when school started again, I would have some type of money." I didn't tell him that the real reason was because I wanted to pay him back. I knew he would blame himself. "And...I couldn't eat without you. It felt too weird."

He sighed, apologizing again. "I'm sorry Liv. You don't have to worry about that anymore. What's mine is yours, and I promise I won't be leaving you alone for a while." 

I shook my head. "Damon, I'm still going to get a job. Just because we're together now doesn't mean I'm going to stop working."

His eyebrows scrunched in confusion. "Why not? You didn't work before."

"That's because you told me not to, and you were technically my boss back then." I informed him.

He didn't like my train of thought, but then smiled triumphantly. "But I'm still your boss for another month right? So I can tell you to quit?"

I raised an eyebrow at him. "Well, I guess." He smiled as if he'd already won. "But it wouldn't be very professional for me to be in a relationship with my boss, so we'd probably have to break up." I winked at him.

He groaned. "Liv, that's not fair. I just want you to be happy."

I kissed his cheek softly, feeling the rough stubble on my lips. "I am happy Damon. With you. But that doesn't mean I'm going to take your money and just sit at home all day. I want to do something with my life."

He nodded reluctantly, which brought me to my next question. "What exactly are we going to tell your parents?"

"That depends on you, Liv." He turned to me hopefully. "Do you want to stay engaged? We wouldn't have to get married for a while, and we could take it slow. Only if you're sure about it though."

I smiled and put my arms around his neck. "I've never been more sure of anything. I love you Damon."

He froze, looking at me unblinkingly. I looked at him, a little scared. I hadn't said it to him since that night, and now I was worried he was going to react badly again.

It seemed that my worries were unfounded because a big grin broke on his face. "Say it again," he demanded, pushing me down.

I giggle a little. "I love you Damon."

His forehead meets mine and he sighs contentedly. "I love you too baby."

~~~

THE END WOOTWOOT. I never thought I'd finish a book but now I finally have! It may not be perfect, but I'm still proud of it.