Chapter 10

Tiredly, I turned to Emma who had been silent through all of this. I called Ashley and told her I would take care of Emma for the night, so she wouldn't have to worry about a sitter or anything. I knew how badly she needed a break at the moment and this was the best I could do.

She texted back sounding so relieved. I smiled a little, glad I could help her out a little after all she'd done for me. I grabbed all her bags and held her tiny little hand as she crawled up the stairs.

I tiptoed into Damon's room — our room, I should say — unsure if he was sleeping. Nope.

He looked up at me. "What took you so long?"

"I was just saying bye to Gabe." I pulled out Emma's pajamas and began changing her.

Damon grimaced. "Of course you were."

I rolled my eyes. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing."

I changed the topic. "So I have to pick up Matt from the hospital tomorrow. Would you like to come? You don't have to if you're busy." I added the last part hastily.

He grumbled. "Why don't you ask Gabe?"

That's it. Damon was being a whiny brat today. I wasn't going to deal with it. I glared at him.

"Fine then. Don't come." I grabbed my stuff and Emma's to go into the guest room.

"Where are you going?" He demanded.

I ignored him. I put Emma down on the bed next to him as I took my books and things into the other room. When I came back for Emma, he got up and blocked the door.

"Liv where are you going?" He asked again.

"I don't want to be near you tonight." I glared at him.

He glared right back. "It's your job to be."

"This isn't a part of the job description, I don't have to do it. You can't make me do anything," I said defiantly.

He stalked closer to me. "I could fuck you right now and you would agree to it. I don't have to make you do anything. You do it all on your own."

I gasped up at him. I couldn't believe he said that to me. A tear prickled the corner of my eye, but I refused to cry in front of him. He must have realized he went too far because regret crossed his face.

"Liv...I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that."

I turned around, trying to discreetly wipe the tears out of my eye. I couldn't be a stupid crybaby right now. But he knew that I hated doing this because it made me feel like such a gold digger. Yet he brought that up.

He noticed that I was crying though, and turned me to face him again. "Liv I'm so fucking sorry. It just came out. I didn't mean it. I would never do that to you."

I put Emma in the makeshift crib I had made for her. She was already half asleep. I tried my best to ignore Damon. It was hard to ignore his pleading - mostly because it was something he never did.

I went to my side of the bed and laid down. I realized that I didn't eat, but I wasn't hungry anymore. Damon stood next to me, staring at me pleadingly. I stared back blankly.

"Would you mind turning off the lights please?" I asked him quietly, aloofly.

He seemed to realize I wouldn't say anything to him because he sighed reluctantly and flipped off the switch.