Chapter 23

Damon whirled around to face me. "Liv, you can't just go around doing things like that."

"Doing what?" I looked at him confused.

He jerked the ice pack away from his hand and threw his hands up in the air. "Go flirting with other men who are attracted to you."

"I was just being polite," I frowned. "Damon, I'm not your property, I can talk to whoever I want to talk to."

Suddenly, a voice came up on the speakers. "Hello to all our guests! Hope you're having a wonderful time." A cheer rose among the crowd at this. "However, due to a storm warning that doesn't seem to be going away anyway soon, we will have to turn back and head home." An outcry rose among the audience as they complained about the money they had spent on the cruise. "To be safe, we would like everyone to stay below deck for the time being. If you have a cabin on one of the upper floors, we will be attempting to make accommodations for you elsewhere."

Damon silently grabbed a plate of food for the two of us. "Come on, let's get back to our room."

Matt ran up to me. I had barely seen him this entire vacation, I had gotten so caught up in Damon. We needed some sibling bonding time soon. "Hey Olive, do you mind if Haley stays in my room with me. Her room is on the upper deck and her dad is in a meeting for something right now. She doesn't have anywhere to go."

I nodded. "Of course." I looked over at the girl. She was a pretty little thing, with dark hair, olive skin, and dark eyes. I realized she was wet and it had started to get cold. "Matt, no funny business from you. And get her warm, she looks like she's freezing." I wasn't stupid, I knew Matt and a girl in his room might lead to something. But I couldn't exactly stop him, and I knew he was responsible.

Matt nodded and grabbed the girl's hand. "Come on, Hales." He gently led her down the stairs, watching her carefully. I looked on amused. First time I had ever seen him be so gentle with a girl.

My creepy stares were interrupted as Damon burst into a coughing fit. I looked over at him worriedly. Rubbing his back soothingly, I passed him some water once he stopped coughing.

Gabe and Laney came over to us smiling. "Hey big bro, guess who's having a sleepover in your room." I laughed as Damon groaned. Gabe and Laney has been in the upper cabin areas, so they would have to move.

"Ash is coming in a few minutes too, just to chill." Gabe informed us.

In a few minutes, we all sat crowded in mine and Damon's room. Matt was in his own room with Haley, hopefully keeping it PG.

"Guys, let's do something, this is boring," Gabe whined.

Laney had a wicked grin on her face. "Truth or dare?"

Damon and I protested, but we were outvoted by Gabe, Laney, and Ash. "Guys, we're way too old for this," I complained.

Ash ignored me and spun the bottle. Laney clapped excitedly as it landed on her. "Truth!" She declared.

Gabe surged forward. "First person you ever slept with?"

Laney looked at him wide eyed before turning to Damon. Both of them leaned forward intently, waiting for her answer, as Ash and I watched on confused.

I looked up at Damon, expectantly. "Bastard broke her heart," he explained bluntly. His explanation was followed by hacking as he coughed up a storm. I looked at him worriedly, but got distracted as Laney began to answer.

"A-Alex Dane," she quickly mumbled under her breath.

My eyebrows shot up. I remember him, I had met him at the first party I went to with Damon! He had seemed so nice though...