1. WITCHES

| CHAPTER ONE |

WITCHES.

IVY ROSALINE EVANS WOKE UP to yelling coming from the downstairs of the Evans family home. Letting out an annoyed groan, the fifteen-year old red head threw her duvet off her body. As soon as her feet touched the carpeted floor, her bedroom door sprang open and another red head girl walked in.

"Oh, good, you're up," Lily let out a breath of relief when she noticed her younger sister sitting on her bed, her messy bed hair all over the place as she looked annoyed, "I was just coming up to get you."

"What the hell is going on down there?" Ivy asked, standing up from her bed as she made a beeline over to her wardrobe. Swinging the door open as she pulled out her school uniform and threw it over her head towards her bed; almost hitting Lily in the face with the skirt in process.

"Petunia again," Lily sighed sadly, she shifted over towards Ivy's bed and sank onto it as Ivy took out some everyday clothes, "Anyway, breakfast is ready if you want it," Lily added as she left the room, giving Ivy privacy to get changed and ready for the day ahead; the day she was starting her fifth year at Hogwarts the school of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Ivy let out a sigh, her jade green eyes glanced at a photograph that was perched up on her wardrobe. Letting her fingers trace the white frame a sad smile appeared on her face. The photograph was taken when Ivy was only seven years old. Years before she found out she was actually a witch. It was taken when the family had gone on a holiday to France. Petunia (the oldest Evans' child) had her arms wrapped around Ivy and Lily as the three of them giggled whilst looking at the camera. 

Petunia Evans was a muggle just like their parents; a non-magical person. Of course, whilst the girl's parents didn't care about if their children were magical or not, Petunia certainly did. When Lily had received a letter from Hogwarts, Petunia tried everything she could to prove that she was also worthy of going to a magic school, not wanting to accept her younger sister was more talent than herself. Then, the following year when Ivy received a identical letter from the magical school Petunia lost it. She turned cold towards her younger sisters, bullying them for being 'freaks'. Of course, whilst she called them freaks, she still hoped and longed for her own letter to arrive, Dumbledore apologising for sending it off late, but that never happened and so a longing hate for witches and wizards filled Petunia, a trait she passed onto her boyfriend Vernon Dursley.

"Ivy! Breakfast is ready! We need to leave soon!" Susan Evans shouted calmly, breaking Ivy out of her daydream.

"Coming mum!" Ivy shouted back down. She turned away from the photograph and quickly began changing her clothes, almost falling over when she couldn't place her leg into her jeans.