5. TRY-OUTS

| CHAPTER FIVE |

TRY-OUTS.

THE MORNING AFTER THE GRYFFINDOR common room party, the majority of the students - past year four - were gloomily sitting in the Great Hall, nursing their hangovers with delicious bacon and eggs that the house elves served up.

Ivy Evans was not one of them.

She was most definitely exhausted seeing as she got about two and a half hours of sleep, but she wasn't hungover. Something she was extremely thankful for as tiredness and hangovers don't mix well especially with the red head.

"Urgh," Jasper groaned for what felt like the hundredth time since he sat down at the long Gryffindor table.

"Shut up, Jas," Donna quickly said, throwing a piece of her toast at the boy who had his head down on the table. The two girls snickered as they watched the crispy piece of bread land right on Jasper's messy bed hair. Donna then turned her attention to Ivy, "So, homework session in the library later?"

Ivy stared at her friend as if she had just grown two more heads from her neck, "Excuse me?"

Donna rolled her eyes, "I know you still haven't done any of the homework we've been set," She explained, "We can do it together in the library."

"First of all, how do you know I haven't done it? Second of all, it's just the start of the year and third of all I've got to go to the Quidditch try-outs today."

Ivy Evans was an extremely skilled Quidditch player. She was the seeker for the Gryffindor team since her second year at the school. 

"You're just the type of person to not do the homework," Donna answered with a shrug and a smirk on her face, "Why do you need to go to the try-outs?"

Ivy shrugged, taking a small sip of her pumping juice, "Dunno," She answered, "Noah just told us all we had to be there."

Noah Wood was the Gryffindor Quidditch Team Captain. He was probably the strictest captain the team ever had seeing as all he wanted to do was beat the Slytherins in every match they had against them. And even though that's what everyone in Gryffindor wanted, he seemed to overlook everything that stood in his way and worked his team way too hard. During one year, Ivy had broken her wrist from falling off her broom during practise and he gave her every potion he could think of that helped to heal a broken bone. Of course, all that resulted in the red head being submitted to the Medical Wing for two weeks and the Quidditch game getting cancelled.

"He overworks you all way too much," Donna scoffed, picking at her eggs with her fork.

Ivy nodded, "Trust me, I know," She grimaced, thinking about the time she was stuck in the hospital wing from getting 'high' off the potions he gave her, "But at least it's his last year this year," She sighed happily, munching on her jam toast.

"Can you two just zip it?" Jasper asked, lifting his head off the table as he glared at his friends.

"Why don't you run along and sort your hair out," Donna commented, "It looks like a bird's nest."

Jasper gasped loudly. His hands flew up to feel his hair, grimacing when he pulled out the piece of toast Donna threw at him earlier and practically screamed when he noticed it had butter on it. He shot up out of his seat and without a word sprinted out of the Great Hall, pushing past students that got in his way.

-

STANDING ON THE QUIDDITCH PITCH, Ivy was sporting her scarlet Quidditch robes as she stood in between James Potter and Sirius Black, the trio rolling their eyes lazily as they heard Noah's speech to the students that are trying out for the position of Chaser and Keeper.

"He's such a bored," The red head muttered under her breath. Her fingers lazily tapping the top of her broomstick as she yawned.

"Did you just yawn?" Noah asked, swivelling around to look at Ivy as if he could sense her yawning.

Her eyes widened, "N-no?"

Rolling his eyes, Noah turned back around to the newcomers and clapped his hands together, instructing everyone to get into their positions. Ivy couldn't help but feel thankful, seeing as she was the Seeker all she had to do during try-outs was find the golden Snitch just like in practises and during actual Quidditch games.

Smiling as she felt the wind through her red hair. Her hands gripped the broomstick as she sat overlooking the bottom of the field where the try-outs were taking place. Out of the corner of her eye, she spotted the familiar gold wings flapping around and dived towards it. She caught it with ease before letting it go once again. The red head did this another four times before the try-outs were finally over and she was able to stop her practise.

Securing the Snitch in the trunk with the Quaffles and bats, she turned around to face the group as Noah explained who will be receiving their spot on the Quidditch team. The two lucky students were Sage Inkwell; a fourth year girl who became the new Chaser, and Aiden Nightingale; a fifth year boy who became the new Keeper.

Ivy walked back up to the school in between James and Sirius, as she watched the students who didn't get a position on the team gloomily walk in front of them.

"Did you see that Taylor chic?" Sirius asked, looking smugly at James.

"Who?"

"I don't know her full name--"

"Taylor Griffins," Ivy cut him off.

"Yeah," Sirius nodded, "That one. Did you see her ass when--"

"Oh, my God, shut up!" Ivy interrupted him, shoving him playfully as he laughed.

"Aw, don't worry you innocent flower," He laughed.

Ivy rolled her eyes, "I'm not an innocent flower," She muttered under her breath.

"Wait, what?" James asked, hearing her comment and turning to look at the sister of the girl he fancied the hell out of.

"Nothing," Ivy quickly replied, widening her eyes slightly.

"Little Miss Innocent isn't so innocent, ey?" Sirius smirked, throwing his arm around the younger girl's shoulder.

Ivy pushed him once again, her cheeks flushing a pink colour, "Oh, shut up."